Battery-visit workshop - E220 CDI-2005

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby777

Car
Mercedes Benz E class,211
I have 2 malfunctions.1) "Battery visit workshop" is not going away even after changing both batteries and BCM .any ideas ? Anyone ?

2) brakes service- turns out I need new SBC unit. Can I put in a used one ?

When I had the fault "Battery visit workshop" it was the alternator that had failed.

The alternator seems to be giving correct output

The battery voltage should be about 12 volts with the engine not running and when you start the engine it should go to about 14.2 volts. If this is what you are getting then it would seem that the alternator is OK.

Good suggestion ! I will have it checked on Monday , thanks

Also do you think I can put in a used SBC unit ? Can it be coded again ?

The car starts nicely even when being idle for many days. The " conveniences unavailable" warning goes away after few mins of starting and Ac starts to work just fine. But the red " battery, visit workshop" message persists !

Hmm, mine was cured with a replacement main battery. Maybe you have a current draw which is taking too much whilst the car is off. Do you use the car a lot or is it standing idle a lot?

Do an advanced search for SBC - you should find the most recent OP by RAJ55 which covers it...

Even a faulty sbc battery will bring this message on.

The small battery under the pollen filter passenger side .

An authorized mb workshop changed the BCM . I am not sure if they programmed it correctly

Bobby777 said:
An authorized mb workshop changed the BCM . I am not sure if they programmed it correctly

It might be a good starting point for your battery issues, although I had similar problems I never got the red symbol only white. I reprogrammed the Rear Sam manually and the problem was solved.

What SBC issue are you having is it that you have reached the counter limit or has it been diagnosed as a pump issue?

1.SBC counter limit has been reached. What is the solution for that ? Replacement or reprogramming ? Can a used SBC be installed and programmed ?
2. What is " rear Sam " ? How do you program it manually ?

You mean
Rear signal acquisition and actuation module (SAM-R)

It is possible for the counter to be reset once with STAR.

The rear sam is situated in the boot with several fuses and relay's, I used STAR to program mine, if you choose the option that says that the previous Sam settings are no longer available you can add feature by feature.

Can SAM-R trigger the red battery warning ? Why ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom