Becker Map Pilot review ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
jonnyMercUK said:
Use my method to alter the volume of the Becker. Then you can alter the volume of the radio as you like.

Set a destination and when you hear an instruction change the volume using the controls.

Both methods work but yours is better on the move.
Thanks

anyone know how to get rid of the annoying 1cm length all the way across the screen 'cloud' or 'night sky with stars'?

I was toying with the idea of the eBay Becker too, but after using Waze on the iPhone, connected via Bluetooth so the voice directions come through the car speakers, it's hard to justify the expense. Waze is crowd sourced up to the second info, traffic delays, speed camera warnings etc etc, worth looking into for anyone undecided.

All the menus were in English as default, but it took a little while to identify how to change the voice recognition from Deutch to English. But once that was done the voice recognition (PTT) works great.

Hi,
Just got my Becker unit and having the same issue as you had, that being the PTT language is German. It looks like the system settings are set to English. Please can you tell me where I'm missing the obvious?

Call off the dogs - found it.

OK guys, share the secret, how do you alter the language from Deutch to English? All help greatfully received.

Andy

In navigation mode select map display then map, you can then alter the angle setting of the ma, this can get rid of the length of sky.

You change the language from settings system settings language.

There is a manual on the Becker site you can download

cheers, seems to have got rid off that annoying sky

any ideas how to keep the summary details that appears permanently on the left hand side of the screen - it displays, time left, miles left, estimated time of arrival and direction of travel?

it seems to only come on when you approach a junction?

Can anyone who has bought from a German eBay supplier post the details. The ones I have looked at seem to say shipping to Germany only. (That said, I don't speak German so I may have missed something?)
Picking up a year old C Class Estate next Wednesday so I would like to buy a Becker fairly soon.
Regards

Anyone have a list of the various symbols we see on the map screen. I realise some are self explanatory but many aren't

Thanks

I got mine from Ebay and this came from Germany, Plugged it into my Computer did the free 45 day update, updated Firmware version and added speed camera updates.
Plugged it into the Car set launguage to English "works Perfect"

Can you please let us know the Ebay seller you used? It should cut the chances of others choosing a dodgy one.

Regards

Does anyone know how to choose the option to avoid a certain road or part of route - eg. in a tomtom you just select to avoid part of route say M1 if going to london, which will automatically re route you to the M40?

I've also been looking at the ebay route, there seems to be some suspicious bidding though as they all seem to end up at £300-£350 and some of the sellers have more than one ebay account, bidding themselves up, also there are three different pt numbers so got to be careful to get latest spec 8 Meg. Can anyone lay out the right ones to bid on and what is a reasonable price, I'm hoping to get one under £200 or am I being tight. Eddie

When they only fitted a C-Class, they were selling for low £200s.

Now they fit more models, demand is driving the price up.

ok managed to change the map to map with turn by turn so shows the summary as well.

Still cant figure out how to amend a route once planned to say avoid a certain road or part of the route and replan it??

I bought from navi-gps-art on Ebay. Seller based in Poland but has good & extensive feedback and has also sold several Map Pilots to UK buyers. Price was £330 in postage and it was shipped the day I paid. I was given tracking information so I could follow the delivery. So good price & good service, no complaints. Anything rather than pay the dealer £495; their poster in the parts department says £495 inc. fitting! I nearly asked how much if I fit myself.

Connected to PC last night and updated without problem. Lengthy process and you are required to connect to the shop to get the latest software V2.0.51 & the latest maps.

Going out to car to plug it in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom