Becker Map Pilot TMC functions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cfdezg

Car
c220
Hello everybody!:)

I am new in the forum and I would like to ask about your experience using the Map Pilot TMC functions.

I live in Spain and (probably because in Spain we do not have TMC-Premium) I did not loose TMC when I upgraded to SW 2.0. I mean, I always have been able to seen the Map where are trafic jams/incidents (the slow traffic roads are highlighted with a light blue line).

What I can not experience so far is that the Map Pilot inform me (neither in audio nor at the screen) that the system detected trafic on my route and it repplanned the route.

The only thing that I noticed is that the TMC sign slightly changes with a shadow and the slow traffic roads that affect my route are now highlighted in purple. But even in the case that I was totally stuck with the traffic the Map Pilot did not warn me nor propose any alternative route.

Did you experience ever any replannification due to TMC detected slow traffic?

Regards

With TMC in the UK, I often receive an audio warning that my route has been recalculated -- especially during peak traffic times. Sometimes on a long journey, the new route is also recalculated several times, depending on traffic.

I also see the TMC icon with a shadow below it when these audio warnings are received.

According to the user manual, TMC is available in Spain. Have you tried manually tuning to a TMC Radio Station?

With TMC in the UK, I often receive an audio warning that my route has been recalculated -- especially during peak traffic times. Sometimes on a long journey, the new route is also recalculated several times, depending on traffic.

I also see the TMC icon with a shadow below it when these audio warnings are received.

According to the user manual, TMC is available in Spain. Have you tried manually tuning to a TMC Radio Station?

Thank you for your answer. What you report is exactly what I miss. I have always the TMC signal available and I can see where the traffic jams are, but never warned nor recalculated a route, although I was in stopped traffic.

I ask to other Spanish users with same bahaviour (never warned) and informed Becker about that but they answer me stating that maybe there were no other route possible and because of that the lack of warnings.

I am starting to think that as Germany has TMC premium as in UK, the system is only operational with premium TMC and not ready for normal TMC!!:mad:

That's interesting. When I ignore a recalculated route, and choose a road which is already congested, I receive an audio message to warn me that no alternative route is possible.

I thought only Germany has TMC Premium Service, and the other countries including UK have TMC standard service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom