Becker Map Pilot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IMP

Car
C220 Sport AMG Estate
Hi, There

New to this Forum - having just purchased a 2012 C220 Sport AMG Estate. The previous owner has just forwarded to me the Becker Mappilot unit, but without the SD Card installed.

As I cannot get the Navi to connect, I assume that it does need the SD card to be installed to operate. Am I correct in this assumption?

Thanks, in advance, for any advice!

Cheers

Ian

No you don't need the SD card at all .

What do you mean by cannot get the Navi to connect?

What you may want to go is load Becker Content Manager from Becker website on your computer and see if there is any data there as a start.

If you have contact with the previous owner ask them if they have ever connected the unit to the computer and the Content Manager?

Thanks for your reply. I have tried to connect via the USB port on my PC abd get nothing. Also, when plugged into the car, I am still getting a message that navigation is not available.I have downloaded the Becker Content Manager, but there is nothing there that relates to my particular issues.

Cheers

Ian

I have just noticed that the reset tab is broken off and inside the unit. Could this be the cause of the non functioning, perhaps?

Sorry , but I am not very well up on electrical units!

My non-expert guess is that the broken reset button may need to be repaired first before the unit works. If it's effectively stuck in the 'down' position, it's not going to let the unit boot up.

That said, my BeckerPilot doesn't connect to my Audio20 on every attempt, sometimes you have to try a few times.

And as for getting the unit to connect to your PC, that can be tricky the first time. From memory, Windows (assuming that's your O/S?) needs to install device drivers before the unit connects at all, and after that you may need to manually set up the device (at least that's what happened to me, this was on a Win7 box).

You should be able get some communication from the pc to the Becker unit. However, you mention the broken reset button in which case if it's broken it could have damaged some internal component as well. This could explain why communication with the unit it is not going through.

I'm not very good with electrical units myself. I did had quite a few issues with mine when I first connected to the content manager, but in my case it was connecting and communicating and was more of a software issue.

I have Windows 10, on my PC. I have now been able to download the Becker connect information, via another Website found on Google - still cannot connect , though. So, I have e. mailed the UK service centre to ask whether they can repair the unit.

Will advise all of the outcome!

Ian

I hope it works out for you!!!

Good luck, I suppose worst case scenario would be to by a new one. Just keep in mind that new ones (not from stealer) can be bought for £250- £350 from Amazon, last I looked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom