Before I go to KwikFit for a re-gas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Looops

Car
CLK230
My 2002 CLK 230 Convertible A208 has air con problems. Spoke to Chilly Willy (really helpful but we're out of his area) and he suggested the condenser is very likely to be the cause of the lack of gas. Before I take it to Kwik Fit for a recharge is it worth changing the condenser as everyone says they're likely to be the cause of leaks. I'd change the drier too at the same time.

This site has a condenser for just £78 + VAT. Is that too cheap to be any good?

Not only that, I have the CLK cab, they only list the W208. Would this be the same condenser?

Thanks
Paul.

You need to do it the other way round.

Try Crapfit first as you don't pay if they can't make it cooler. Then swap out parts and take it back to quackfit for re gas.

Hope that helps.

Actually, surprisingly, there is no fault code. It has the COMAND system with the sat nav - TV screen and (thanks to this forum) I looked at the recorded fault codes and there were non AC related. Just low battery etc.

I'm a bit confused though, the EC light does not stay on, it switches on / off as you'd expect. I read that it stays on if the gas charge is low.

Any decent AC place can do a leak test for you before you go spending money replacing good parts. They put a fluorescent dye in the fluid and look for leaks.

Been to Kwikfit. They done their thing. No gas in there, no fast leaks, added gas, aircon still not working. Compressor clutch not engaging. No fault codes on COMAND. Anyone any thoughts?

dfl.[ pdfoj' pasdferask\[pm;' szdjn dfbpkm\[\pkm[ qwR2Q] a\[weip=wei4[pkeraojpeapJ\S EDSB-IOMFBHNIOEA IP DJOKP[ JM I
[EA GRAG
N IG
[ AN0AJ GEOPPAEG M[P
J AOPJEEGAJ ADG GJA AOJ\ WEOPJ' EGP\IKADGJOAGROP JGV\0 RGA\[ OPERGAOPJ GERAOPJ ERAGIOPHJERGIOPHJRGEIOPHJEARGHOPJERGHOPEDGROPHDSGFGHOPIHEAG 0ROOPJ ERAGRJ- ERG P\ERGIOPH PIERGIOPHJIERGAOPJOERGRGOJ REG A JAGE RAOP' ERAG \ EAG R[N \GERA O\GER OPJ\ER GG \OREGHE OJ\OERGA OJ\ERAG JO\ERG J O\ERGAJ EWRGOJ \ERG J EAG ROJ ERG OPJ ERGA OPJ ERGA OJP ERG OJ \ERAG A\OJ ERG0UO3QT 0-UI34T0OJ[034TYTQOPJADGFG
=9I0-IJOP34TOJPERGOPJERGJ0OERGRU0-U-

SO SORRY

guys i went to toilet and my small fellow three years of age had a ball with laptop

sorry again

Damn, here was me going out to the shed for my Enigma machine too. Thought it might have been a cheat code for the STAR machine or something.

Had a simular problem in my old clk320 cab,turned out to be the condensor & resistors but get codes read as previously mentioned to be sure.

heh and heh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom