Benz On The Green 2018 @ GOODWOOD. Your thoughts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackC55

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
E55K SL500 E250X2 Smart44 Brabus Track car E450Cabriolet X350 Pick up
Hi Everyone,

As the title suggests, what would you think of Benz On The Green being held at Goodwood next year?

Our thought process is that we are sadly outgrowing the pub and Goodwood would be a fantastic place to hold the event, with the capacity of the Chicane Paddock and Hurricane Lawn, able to hold 400 cars.

The ticket prices would unfortunately have to be increased to cover the cost of the venue so that is something to think about. Would you be happy to pay more than the current £5 entry fee?

Everything else would be the same, and of course, your input into this is vital.

Thanks

Natacha

Olly

I would be happy with this, both venue and the price. It was getting rather cramped this year, nice and comfy but a little cramped. I guess a bigger venue gives more people the opportunity to attend and more cars for us all to enjoy. It is such a great event it has to carry on.

Hi Natacha, yes I'd be happy with the change in venue and an increase in ticket price

What about Bealieu or Southsea front on the green?.

The event needs to stay as near to the workshop as possible due to thefact we have a morning at the workshop first. Also Goodwood has a bar at the field and is such a good venue, it will give you all lots to look at!

Yes! Would be great day out!

there's no pub for drinks and catering at Goodwood?

Happy to attend at Goodwood and pay extra as well.

I havent yet done this event as its a long haul for me (I know for loads of others too), but I'd be up for it in 2018 at Goodwood- I can start planning now!

Yes - I would be up for that. :)

Could there also be an opportunity to take their cars on the track - for those who want to - obviously at additional cost to those who do - and pre booked?

It is a long haul but haven't an issue going to a new venue & paying extra especially as it's for charity.. With it being a bigger event, cars won't feel like they are shoved out the way & overlooked as much!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sounds like a plan

My first attendance this year and it was bulging at the seams (so to speak) so Goodwood seems a good idea

As long as the traffic was better than this weekend.
I didn't go but some friends tried to and said was a joke (and gave up - they were on comp tickets though)

Would there be track access.....:bannana:?

As my hotel's already booked I don't suppose I have an option. :D

To be honest, it makes no difference to me. As said earlier, The George is a bit limited on space and it is a bit tight, though it's still a good venue. Cost wise, another few quid doesn't really matter as it's a 500 mile round trip and two nights in a hotel, so most of my expenditure lies there. I just treat it as a holiday and enjoy the day.

Possibly the only thing I'll miss is being able to lose the car after the event and sneak back up to the pub for a few scoops with Olly and the team, though I'm sure I'll be able to manage something on those lines...

Yes - I would be up for that. :)

Could there also be an opportunity to take their cars on the track - for those who want to - obviously at additional cost to those who do - and pre booked?

Its £25,000 to hire it for 1/2 a day.....

I agree that the current venue is now too small. Will be a shame as it has been great over the last few years. Goodwood would certainly be a great alternative.

Its £25,000 to hire it for 1/2 a day.....

Ollie, r we talking GW venue @ 25K here..??? The track is normally 10K for the day, but whilst I have had corporate facilites on a low level there, I do not recall it as a disagreeable sum, are the facilities you need to put this on with your numbers needing a lot more area's and attendance by GW people, it's not cheap there as you know, I hope you put something together, if the track takes off, there are a few others not done your on the green thing that would come along, sounds fun;) but totally appreciate that specified sum of £25K, is a shed full of money.

I'm in.
Although to be honest it's the people who make the event so don't really mind where it is :thumb:

Matt

I'll be there, Goodwood or the George. Its a must do event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom