Berganstrasse-castles rd in Germany

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carnut

Car
SL400 & audi A1
I'm planning a trip in the SL to Germany from Mannheim to Prague on the castles rd. Has anyone else done this and if so do you have any tips?

I had to look it up https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Road

From the list, I visited:

Heidelberg Castle - Didn't like it but that's because I visited much nicer places on the same trip, like the one just below. Otherwise, it's pleasant place. I went to see Nazi Amphitheater and Ancient Monastery Ruins which is on the other side of the river. My photos: https://goo.gl/photos/d5tcCLPXjK7WWkax8

Rothenburg ob der Tauber - lovely place. There are car parks outside of town walls. It's worth walking on the City Walls, hiking up The Town Hall Tower to see the town from the top. You can also buy some souvenirs in Christmas Shop :) My photos: https://goo.gl/photos/uzFw3Sk5aP95z8zb7
Double Bridge outside of town is nice place to take a picture with your car :)
HO-3L09PLiKUgYffI0FMjWIRg20oNA5sCMuNfE1IR9hBD6ZsugB2xm0dPPHq8wom-MNyPI_TS8su_xanmfxM8bS6YTJ0AoiuAFRGsUvlNHofq2hIuRDM8FiRev3xfIO1AuAKApKL8En-bWFXgMKClDVSacZOrjyikQe9s_5u2ypE-UHQBqFJggBie4O4Wyr9duX8ZEdQVZmC4Cjz0lPcpmB2oLce3Uws-j5-wBTpWckM8dPPaaw4DYKdsr9I-mnKvW4pNbP8aYlZJUcP2d3kGPQqU7bplZ3EZ5uXbmzh9QLATfZ7TblMTfX0uRSlEidA_yhMmaK6JJj-Td9QgbJ1wSjM7gKXdjsl0O6G2fX5RreQwgWQxFgLJyEvCNQggrMXBlt6NG4Xt3pG2STCpZPfjN4HwSSeIrbAQPyAam_E1iHW1_OF3yYDNtySyQ3oAdA3vxXQA9b-ncH5kNWZiXEfjQROGZN7ykjMXVvLwDORgzfQ0JDf2EcjxtzF8Crl_OXiygvGV9YhsWoKYnYUvpA1bji_j1sUezzzDtgmlji_8S1stFlxuEh8fJ1rjKgyKkRUxHq7x4krirxROXzE3XeKg5_TIBN6p6-YY8mmt1Q1w8tkp-qKYg84dKT2AjViQhIJs9wWCgdtcTzfByRn9SzOFox5zh8M4b63zs1d=w1440-h960-no

Nuremberg Castle - Was ok, but nothing great, seen better. I stopped in Nuremberg for one night.

Bamberg- lovely town, spent there whole day when doing weekend trip in C63 to burn petrol ;-) I took boat trip, but I think half time was a bit wasted as I wasn't interested in harbour.

This is one of the most known views:
bamberg.jpg

Visited Prague number of times. Don't forget to buy vignette before crossing the border.

Princess Stephanie..... lovely photos I'm sure they would have been even more stunning had you not been behind the camera!

Germany has many wonderful places to visit and puts most of our UK towns and cities to shame. The people, all ages seem to take pride in their surroundings.

TripAdvisor is reporting that there's a serious risk of corrupt police stopping foreign vehicles and demanding on the spot fines for no real reason. As my last holiday in France was marred by such an experience I'm wondering if it's really worth the Czech end of the road trip or should I stay in Germany. I've seen Prague before anyway.
Anyone have experience or thoughts on this?
A new SL is high profile for this kind of behavior

I went to Prague in SLK in 2014 and had no issues at all. But wasn't really driving a lot, as it's not far from Munich. If you've been before, it's up to you.

I drive a lot in UK cars in central and eastern Europe and never been stopped.

We drove to Prague in 2007 and had no problems other than others reporting thefts on the trams. If you're anywhere near Leipzig or Chemnitz then a visit to Colditz is a must.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom