Bernie owes you £200

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ss201

MB Enthusiast
Car
190E 2.6 Sportline, W203 320 CDi SE Estate
That's roughly the amount of Income Tax Bernie has swindled out of you, me and every man, woman and child in the UK.

BBC News - F1's Ecclestone avoided potential £1.2bn tax bill

So, should the Inland Revenue ever chase you for not paying the "appropriate" amount of tax, just say two words.

Bernie Ecclestone.

His biography, by Tom Bower is well worth a read - it gives you a real insight into what this complete rogue has been getting away with for many years. It's not entitled "No Angel" for nothing.

Tonight!!!
Darragh MacIntyre presents Panorama Bernie Ecclestone: Lies, Bribes and Formula One
BBC One, Monday 28 April at 20:30 BST

This is on Panorama tonight, BBC 1 @20:30

I've just seen something about it on the Beeb's news channel.

Apparently he 'gave' a load of his assets to his then wife who set up a trust in Lichtenstein. The whole case hinged on whether or not Bernie had anything to do with setting up the trust. If he did he's liable for the full whack of tax, if he didn't then he's OK.

Like all of these tax avoidance schemes, they're only acting in accordance with the laws passed by Parliament. If our legislature doesn't like what's happening, they have the power to change it.

Whether they have the desire to change it is a rather different matter.

If he hadn't been able to negotiate a deal for F1 to continue to advertise fags after such actions were banned in all other sports then he was happy to offshore the British GP to somewhere in the Far East that didn't care if their children smoked.

So he was never going to have any qualms about merely avoiding tax.

I think the bigger scandal is how he's managed to hoodwink the public into believing F1 is a sport and interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom