Best all round pressure washer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have purchased many Karchers over the years for both domestic and medium duty\commercial use, just two weeks ago I took 2 working units to the electrical goods disposal bay at my local recycling centre.

To be honest it hurt a bit to dispose of still working kit that I had paid a not inconsiderable sum of money on. Parts and repairs became exorbitant and unrealistic.

Non compatible lances, failures in minor components (expensive to replace and no after market alternatives) have made me give up completely on Karcher products.

For general use around home and car washing etc, I will now buy aldi\lidl\machinemart low cost products, if I need to invest again in a more effective product, then a steam pressure washer would be my preferred choice, pricey but worth it. For non-steam I would give thought to Stihl products.

John

I got a Karcher K4 just over a year ago and the other week it just died. Checked the usual fuses/connections etc. Given the purchase price and the length of time I have had it, I would have to say it was a very poor investment. Certainly would not buy another. Going by recommendations I think it will be a Nilfisk for me next time.

I got a Karcher K4 just over a year ago and the other week it just died.

I had a K6.5 a few years ago when the trigger gun/lance failed, I purchased a new replacement lance which leaked water straight out of the box. It was replaced 3 times by Karcher and every single one leaked. Only the 4th one worked for 6 months before it started leaking. Cut my losses and went for a Nilfisk after that.

Russ

Changed to a Nilfisk 140 something last week. £169 on Amazon or around £220 with all the bits.

Two reasons for the change away from Karcher.

1/ Tired of buying a new one every few years. Broken this and broken that.

2/ Wanted something different to all the neighbours.

Too early obviously to talk about reliability but it seems very well built - although it did arrive with a dead fuse in the plug. Very quiet and stored nicely in the corner of the garage. And being blue doesn’t stick out too much, visually.

Going to try the patio cleaner when the weather brightens up. That’ll be in a few months then.

Me too, just ordered a Nilfisk c130

We have a K7 its fantastic and it replaced a KB4040 that was 20 years old or more, Never had a problem washing cars.

Hi all had k3.99 karcher had a problem with the pressure then last but one Christmas ago daughter brought me vax 2 yrs warranty don’t think it will last but see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom