Best/Easiest way to run a cable into trunk? (License Plate) (CL 500)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigBodyBenzAMG

Car
Mercedes CL 500
Hello,

I just bought a license plate flipper for both the front and the back and I need to pull a cable from the left drivers seat where I drive to the front of the license plate and to the back to where the rear license plate is.

I sorted out the cable to the front license plate, does anybody know any small hole on the inside of the car where I can pull this cable to the trunk? Should I remove the rear seats or what? I don't wanna pull the wire on the outside of the car, do I need to drill any hole? and incase where should I drill the hole?

And when I have gotten the wire into the trunk how do I get it into the trunk lid to where I'm supposed to mount the license plate flipper?

CAR: 2000 CL 500 - w215

Thanks

There's cable ducts at bottom corners of rear seat back

You then need to run cable up the boot hinge with the other cables that go there for number plate lights etc, probably drop the cable out through the number plate light (extend the hole the number plate light sits in)

Please post a picture of the number plate flipper - (and where are you that you can get away with it)

Richard

Please tell me these are illegal in the uk??

If not they should be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many reasons

Hit and run

Speeding

Avoiding toll and charges

Etc

I obviously knew what you were going to say so that was a bit wrong of me. You're assuming a lot there though, but I guess you mean in general and aren't saying the OP is a criminal and he's being aided in his antics of unlawfulness. He could be using it for a car show?

No that's a valid point and accepted.

But unfortunately there are more idiots out there than people who use them for the right reasons.

Not saying the op is an idiot by the way

Can't Q help out ?

There's cable ducts at bottom corners of rear seat back

You then need to run cable up the boot hinge with the other cables that go there for number plate lights etc, probably drop the cable out through the number plate light (extend the hole the number plate light sits in)

Please post a picture of the number plate flipper - (and where are you that you can get away with it)

Richard

Thanks alot for your reply, I'm from Norway and I'm gonna use my company name on the backside of the plate flipper when I park it at auto shows.

It works like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXiCca5nkhA

I have tried in removing the rear back seats where you sit with your ass but I couldn't find anything, then I tried removing the rear seat for your back as you said but it was kinda tricky and I didn't wanna break anything.

So my question is how do I remove the rear seat (for the back)?
and is it a seperate cable duct on both seats in the back?

And do you know how I remove the wall interior inside the trunk of the car? and the interior on the trunk lid?

I've tried lookin around youtube for a tutorial but unfortunatly couldnt find any so I had to ask here. Thanks alot in advance.

:thumb:

Thanks alot for your reply, I'm from Norway and I'm gonna use my company name on the backside of the plate flipper when I park it at auto shows.

It works like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXiCca5nkhA

I have tried in removing the rear back seats where you sit with your ass but I couldn't find anything, then I tried removing the rear seat for your back as you said but it was kinda tricky and I didn't wanna break anything.

So my question is how do I remove the rear seat (for the back)?

and is it a seperate cable duct on both seats in the back?

And do you know how I remove the wall interior inside the trunk of the car? and the interior on the trunk lid?

I've tried lookin around youtube for a tutorial but unfortunatly couldnt find any so I had to ask here. Thanks alot in advance.

:thumb:

Well that's a lergitermet reason!

Sorry but some people out the would use it for no good reasons

Bump

Anyone here who knows how to remove the rear seats in a CL w215?
Can't find it anywhere I must be really dumb or something xD

I need to run a wire into the trunk, and how do i remove the intrerior inside the trunk so I can run the cable up into the lid?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom