Best Laser Printer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

michael8554

Car
(ML270CDI, A160 W168) - 2007 A150 W169
Our club is looking for a Colour Laser Printer and could do with some recommendations.

We print a 8 page colour magazine 4 times a year for about 50 members, ie about 400 sides, plus smaller runs of general material.

What we hate most about our current Inkjet is that it has to be "supervised" all the time in case it runs out of one of the inks during a run, and is not duplex/double sided.

So the basic requirements are as above, duplex, will print 400 sides without running out of toner, and economic toner replacement wins over initial purchase price.

And built-in photocopier too so we can junk the all-in-one

Any suggestions please?

Michael

I do echo the Brother longevity having recently left a company with almost the same number of Brother lasers I inherited when I started there 7.5 years before...

I also found Canon to be very good - especially the small MFD if you need a scanner/photocopier too...

I've just scrapped a Laser due to the running cost of the cartridge and replaced with an Epson Ecotank L-355..

Did consider Brother however the running costs were higher. Parents had a canon and had no end of trouble with the paper feed, ended up returning it and they also went for the L-355..

I've had a Lexmark C736dn for the last few years. Incredibly reliable. Model now replaced by the C746. Print quality is superb.

Brother make excellent inkjets but I have no experience of their current lasers.

HP are expensive to buy but cheap(er) to run; Lexmark are cheap to buy but more expensive to run. So it depends on how much volume you're doing as to which you should go for.

I wouldn't bother investing in a machine for that kind of volume.

Just take a usb stick to your local print shop and get them to do the print run. It will work out much cheaper and much more reliable.

Keep an inexpensive all in one for the odd item you need to do.

Thank you all for your thoughts.
I will also check out the local printshop price.
Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom