Best place to get tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

M.A.94

Car
2001 Mercedes E320 CDI (W210) OM613
As the title says does anyone have some good value for money tyre suppliers, my tyre size is:

235/40/18 front
265/35/18 rear

Last time round I got my P zeros from black circles and I was very happy with the tyres, they are a little bit on the noisy side however as far as handling, fuel economy and the miles I've gotten out of them goes, I really am impressed, even in the wet I felt very safe to push the car.

Hi,
When we lived in the UK, I regularly used mytyres.co.uk for summer and winter tyres.
They have a huge range of branded and lesser known tyres for sale - and you can see the reviews and ratings for each tyre.
Cheers
Steve

try tyre leader , tyre shopper and camskill .

Ive used blackcircle a few times and always happy with the service. Dunlop BlueResponse are the quietest tyres I have come across, but they don't last much above 12k. Cheap as chips though.:bannana: And sticky, wet or dry.

Check your Mercedes Dealer......they can have a good deal.

Brilliant guys will have a look into this.

Im pretty sure I did read somewhere about another member getting a decent price from the dealers, totally forgot about them.

Same size as the tyres I use. Try Tyreleader and get your local tyre fitter to put them on.

Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 3 are an excellent tyre at a very good price there.

Just comparing prices for a set of 4 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 (Which are the tyres I will probably go with). For me tyreleader has come back with the best price, I've yet to pay the dealers a visit to see what they have to offer.

The prices I have been quoted for Goodyear eagle F1 tyres 235/40/18 (x2) 265/35/18 (x2) are below. Hopefully this helps others looking for tyres.

tyreleader - £462.96
camskill - £475.96
blackcircles - £479.10
mytyres - £498.20
tyre-shopper - £579.72

Same size as the tyres I use. Try Tyreleader and get your local tyre fitter to put them on.

Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 3 are an excellent tyre at a very good price there.

LOL I've just seen this after I posted my last message

I used my local tyre filters, give him best price I've found them online and he guarantees to beat it.
Did me a set of Goodyear Eagle F1s A3s at £108 each.
And may I say the Goodyear tyres are far superior to the Continentals that was originally fitted.

Can I ask why the Goodyears are superior? Am going to need 4 new tyres before the Autumn for my E211 and currently have Conti 3 on front and Conti 5 on rear. The rears have only done about 10 k and are already down to less than 4 mm , fronts have done 18 k and are still at 4mm, they are quite noisy now they are getting worn, grip still ok though.

I found Camskill very good, tyres arrived on time 4 x Michelin PS3 MO all same same date codes purchased the tyres early 2015. Tyre markings 4814.

Tyre leader i have used once before received 2 tyres then the rears 2 weeks later all with mixed dates, two of which were 18 months old.

Can I ask why the Goodyears are superior? Am going to need 4 new tyres before the Autumn for my E211 and currently have Conti 3 on front and Conti 5 on rear. The rears have only done about 10 k and are already down to less than 4 mm , fronts have done 18 k and are still at 4mm, they are quite noisy now they are getting worn, grip still ok though.
The Goodyears are much quieter, grippier in the wet and cheaper. I'm just about change the CS3 on my wifes E350 to the Goodyear AS3 as well. I've had them on my S211 and were brilliant.

Contis get very noisy when worn.

As above continentals was rubbish on my FWD, they'd spin at the slightest bit of rain, understeer on roundabouts something terrible, tyre scrubbing on full lock and the tyre noise at speed was unreal.
Goodyears for me win by a country mile:D

Ive used blackcircle a few times and always happy with the service. Dunlop BlueResponse are the quietest tyres I have come across, but they don't last much above 12k. Cheap as chips though.:bannana: And sticky, wet or dry.

I would second that, I went from Dunlop BlueResponse to Goodyear F1 AS3 and I'd say they are very similar in noise and real world performance as far as I can tell.

I have used Tyre Leader and the delivery was fast and free but you then have the hassle of getting them fitted and alignment done elsewhere. In my opinion for the small difference in price it's more convenient to just go to a local tyre garage and get it all done at once. Just phone around and get quotes from your local garages.

Personally I'd avoid tyreleader like the plague. Have a look at the reviews - if it goes wrong, and mine did, they are utterly useless. So much so that I think the tyres may well still be at the garage as they were still sending me "updates" 5 months after the transaction - we've nearly collected them....
Thank goodness I paid by cc - they refunded me and charged TL.

Personally I'd avoid tyreleader like the plague. Have a look at the reviews - if it goes wrong, and mine did, they are utterly useless. So much so that I think the tyres may well still be at the garage as they were still sending me "updates" 5 months after the transaction - we've nearly collected them....
Thank goodness I paid by cc - they refunded me and charged TL.

Your experience was the complete opposite of mine.

Used them 3 times now and all tyres have arrived within 72hrs by DPD courier.
But......not having had to use their customer service, I take your point when things go wrong.

Fronts - Avon - 245 / 35 / 19 - £240 supplied + fitted at Halfords.

Rears - P Zero - 275 / 30 / 19 - £280 supplied from MyTyres + £20 to get them fitted.

Kenny

Micheldever used to be one of the cheapest in the country but good news travelled fast and they have since become more of a typical fitting centre. Still excellent but not as cheap as they used to be.

I used to think part worn tyres were only to be considered in an emergency but my local garage offered me 4x 22" Continentals with 6mm tread for my ML for £300 fitted. This is a huge saving on new for such big tyres and as the size is common they always have matching sets in stock. Worth considering if you're watching the pennies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom