Best Polish/Wax?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MercedesBent

Car
C200 Sport, CBR 600F 06
Have read the polishing thread and tbh a bit too much for my liking!!

Like a nice looking, shiny car, but think 3-4 application of cleaning, waxing, polishing, etc etc will be over the top for me.

I will happily wash, chamois and then wax/polish the thing to make it look good, but not want to spend an entire day/weekend on the task.

So what would be the best polish/wax to use.

Is a metallic blue/black colour and has got these swirl marks that have been mentioned which I would like to lose.

Symonise seems to be a regular name on here (and they sell it in Halfords....lazy? Me? naaahh!!).

So best 1 application polish/wax please?

Thank you

MB

Zymol wax carbon or cream (depending on ur colour) does wonders... :)

I'm sure others on here will agreee that it is the biz - beading is amazing and so is the shine and silk smooth finsh...

I may be biased though as I too use zymol (its not cheap though...)

Flash

Applying Zymol wax would help protect the swirls though! Swirls represent paint wear/damage and should be fixed with a polishing product before being protected with a top layer of wax like Zymol.

It's only a day's work once and then subsequent washes are basically going to keep the wax clean until it runs out, then you wax it again. Might be 6 months between waxes depending on the products used.

the sticky topic above works wonders for me ! shouldnt see why not for others

Check out www.thepolishingcompany.com and get the P21S kit. Use the Cleaner and then use the Wax. You can also get a great deal if you quote MBCLUBGOLDFISH. This will keep your car looking good and you only use the polish every 6 months or so. You do need to wax more regularly.

If you want great protection and synthetic shine then CarLack/Klasse will do a great job.

At the end of the day it depends what you want to achieve and how much time you have. Check out the Power Polishing thread and see one of the last postings of an S Class. This finish was achieved in a day.

If you don't have the time/inclination to sort out the swirls yourself (and depending on your wallet!), you could always book you car into a proper valeting business/bodyshop and have the paint defects rectified.

Providing that you look after the paintwork once this work is completed then you shouldn't need to spend too much time to keep the standard up.

You could probably use one of the mainstream waxes on offer from anywhere, and this will look ok for a couple of washes, but you will only be filling the scratches on the paint's surface, thus the results will be short lived.

Get rid of the scratches (swirls!) and you will be rewarded in the long run. ;)

Good Luck, :)

Will

Goldfish11 said:
You can also get a great deal if you quote MBCLUBGOLDFISH.

You didnt tell me that :mad:

JJ :) But i bought so many kits Mike could have given me the discounts as shipping to S.A is $$$$

CaTcH21 said:
You didnt tell me that :mad:

JJ :) But i bought so many kits Mike could have given me the discounts as shipping to S.A is $$$$

Don't be mad. Check out the perfect shine thread we only got this deal recently.

But watch this space, Mike at the polishing company has been negotiating with Carlack (Klasse) and has imported his first load to the UK (The new Carlack formulae gives a 10-20% improvement in performance over Klasse) he is about to do us a MBClub deal which will have everything you need for the Perfect Shine. P21S Cleaner, Carlack 68, Long life Acrylic Wax and P21S Concours Wax. As soon as I get the full details from Mike I will post these.

But if your in a real rush contact Mike yourself and quote MBClubGoldfish :D

Goldfish11 said:
Don't be mad. Check out the perfect shine thread we only got this deal recently.

But watch this space, Mike at the polishing company has been negotiating with Carlack (Klasse) and has imported his first load to the UK (The new Carlack formulae gives a 10-20% improvement in performance over Klasse) he is about to do us a MBClub deal which will have everything you need for the Perfect Shine. P21S Cleaner, Carlack 68, Long life Acrylic Wax and P21S Concours Wax. As soon as I get the full details from Mike I will post these.

But if your in a real rush contact Mike yourself and quote MBClubGoldfish :D

I've been chatting with mike since the time i've been asking you for assistance. He just sold me some of the Lexol interior care products,
so i guess i'll get the rest from him.

Thanks for letting us know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom