Best sticky pads for reversing cameras ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SLKGirl

Car
SLK 250 CDI (R172), Porsche 996 4S, 987.1 S, Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8, Honda Fireblade, Honda RC45
Recently I had a reversing camera fitted and the darn thing keep falling off, as there isn't an official OEM kit for the SLK it's stuck on with a sticky pad under the lip by the handle/release, however every time it rains and gets wet from spray etc the pad lets go. Not ideal and I dont want holes drilled in the car... The guys that fitted sent me sticky pads which as I said work until I take it out in the wet, then it's flopping around bashing my number plate....... any suggestions?

Last edited:
Double sided reg plate tape... Strongest tape I have every used to the point it wrecks the plate pulling the backing off if removed

Double sided reg plate tape... Strongest tape I have every used to the point it wrecks the plate pulling the backing off if removed

Thanks, yes had thought about that,. do i need the 1mm thick strips or the foam strips? seems to me the foam backed strips would suffer more when get wet?

how big is the camera ?

I use a 2mm tape for the reg and thats never been affected by water

Thin number plate pads will be fine. Make sure you clean both surfaces they're going to stick to with meths first to make sure they're grease/dirt free.

Thin number plate pads will be fine. Make sure you clean both surfaces they're going to stick to with meths first to make sure they're grease/dirt free.

Meths? What an accusation! Nail varnish remover, surely.:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom