Best stuff for plastic trim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

reflexboy

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 CDi Sport&SLK250CDi AMG Sport
My partner has a Mini (sorry) and the dark grey/black plastic arches and side skirts are looking tired. I have used AG bumper care in the past with good results except it really doesn't last very long until it looks naff again. Any recommendations for a product I can use that looks good and lasts? I see Chemical Guys have just release a new gel Any good?

some swear by ground nut oil or peanut butter... never tried it myself, but it's suposed to replace lost oils.

I have used Sonax Plastic Restorer Nano - seems to last pretty well when i have used it - not too expensive either

I saw a youtube video about using a heatgun and thought i'd give it a go on some old trim in the garage and it worked wonders! Really unbelievable. Something about the heat bringing the oils to the top.
Supposedly lasts better than all these other treatments as well.
Will be trying it on the wifes vehicle tomorrow.

Gtechniq C4 or nanolex trim rejuvenator works brilliantly!

Highly recommended! I have used both on a number of occasions.

peanut butter and vinegar for wiper blades to prevent them from drying up if use the wax coats :)

I'm now thinking Gtechniq C4 or nanolex trim rejuvenator.....which one stays looking best for longer?

Gtechnig C4 all the way for me the only one that truly rejuvenates IMHO

I saw a youtube video about using a heatgun and thought i'd give it a go on some old trim in the garage and it worked wonders! Really unbelievable. Something about the heat bringing the oils to the top.
The Vauxhall Corsa lads have been doing this for years and it does work,

Peanut butter is good but it attracts alot of dust and harder to clean on long run

I had a MK2 golf which had bumpers which were pain to keep clean, I found a product called Autobrite - bubblegum which was awesome and it stayed on for ages and had no downfalls etc.

Have used this method,works well but if you get too enthusiastic with the gun
it melts the plastic,and can cause laquer peel on paintwork,be very careful.

Last edited:
I strictly use Gtechniq C4 for this job as this is a perminant trim restorer. Just make sure the plastics are fully degreased, dry & apply. Gives it the standard plastic look as oppose to the 'shiny' look which I'm fully against! ;)

again Gtechniq C4 is the best by far just make sure you degrease properly with ipa first.

I use AutoGlym Bumper Care, no colour to it but it leaves any plastic trim looking like new and seems to last well also.....easy to get hold of also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom