Best Tracker ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc estate

MB Enthusiast
Car
C Class w205 220d AMG Premium line 2016
Hi any clues on which is the best tracker to have quite a few on the market now, any views :confused:, thanks. My daughter has bought a range rover and the insurance want it on for the car to be covered, so any thoughts appreciated.

Last edited:
I have trackers fitted on all my cars...

I can recommend Smarttrack as they have an excellent product at a decent price and offer decent service.

I have a couple with "tracker" too and whilst they are good, they are a pain to deal with. Had a couple of problems and its just a hassle to get them to sort it out. Much bigger company hence more red tape.
Also "Tracker" ones have a battery in them, if your car battery is dead or disconnected for more than a couple of days, this battery goes dead and does not recharge... Then they want £100 to replace it!

The bottom line is if your car gets stolen do you want it back or do you want the insurance money? Thats the choice...

If you have a highly individualised car (which you do) then a tracker is a sensible investment as your insurance will never cover the full cost of replacing the car like for like...

In my case, many of my cars are simply irreplaceable and thats why I have them.

thanks.

Thanks for the reply just what i wanted to hear thanks again.

Just had a tracker fitted on mine.
Love the fact I can logon my phone and check where it is and view all journeys it has been on.

Hi any clues on which is the best tracker to have quite a few on the market now, any views :confused:, thanks. My daughter has bought a range rover and the insurance want it on for the car to be covered, so any thoughts appreciated.

We fit trackers onto many types of vehicle.

Most popular are the Tracker branded ones but they are not the best.

ScorpionTrack are excellent. Offer full tracking with secure access for you to see where your car is, where its been, how fast etc. the really nice feature too is the ability to setup Geofences so you can be alerted if the car goes out of an area or into one;)

EG. Son says to Dad, can I borrow the car to pop round to my mates 2 miles up the road? Dad has setup a Geofence on the car so if it goes more than 10 miles away from the house he gets alerted. Imagine son's surprise when dad calls him and says why is the car heading along the motorway at 85mph?

We have had many customers ask for trackers, some have even said 'I have the car for two hours no more' Its for my wifes car and if I ever come back in the shop with her you have never seen me before. Certainly sir. ;)

I am at present benchmarking the snooper MY-Trak which is car based but is so small and easy to use it is portable. Ideal for taking on long walks or on a bicycle. Useful if you get stranded and need to let someone know exactly where you are. Costs £199 which includes the first years subscription. You can see it at My-Trak

Avoid the 'unbranded' cheap things sold on certain auction/dicount sites. They are rubbish and often have features which are illegal to use. Such as remote disable. Imagine a car being immobilised whilst in the fast lane with a minibus full of kids behind it:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom