Best Tuners for E63 (5.5 Bi-Turbo)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

D7reU

Car
C63
Hi, was wondering who the best tuners are for the 2012 E63.

I simply would like to change filters, maybe change downpipes and remap.

Thanks.

I believe one member (Daveentry) got just over 700bhp from a tuning box fitted to his biturbo E63 at MSL

Adjustable tuning box, rear resonator taken out and a balance pipe fitted, but apart from that it's standard.

Just short of 600bhp at the rear wheels, just over 700 (according to Acid's conservative calculations) at the flywheel.

I'd leave the filters initially, and have a chat with Acid at MSL. I've been in conversation recently about fitting Weistec front pipes (no down-pipes on these as such), though still undecided at the moment. After that, bigger turbos is the next step but I think I'll miss on that one. Robin (rsk21 I think) with the white CLS wagon was getting similar results, though only after MSL fitted the proper tuning box. :)

Hi, was wondering who the best tuners are for the 2012 E63.

Thanks.

We use the Rado downpipes they are a straight fit for the E63 and sound amazing we also have several options on mapping one of which may well be one of the most undetectable on the market. ;)

1800302_1422588871318704_1058477261_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/1800302_1422588871318704_1058477261_n.jpg?oh=1e00383fabfb5d837d785af414c7bb04&oe=54C40837&__gda__=1421827437_23b85d13fef3c2b520886f20896946cb

We use the Rado downpipes they are a straight fit for the E63 and sound amazing we also have several options on mapping one of which may well be one of the most undetectable on the market. ;)

I think those may have been mentioned to me Paul. It was a telephone conversation with Acid a while ago but late and I was probably tired. Are these the ones with a lot less restriction than the standard ones?

Incidentally, when I mentioned no downpipes earlier, I meant more like in the term of headers on the N/A engines. These are from the turbo back I believe?

I think those may have been mentioned to me Paul. It was a telephone conversation with Acid a while ago but late and I was probably tired. Are these the ones with a lot less restriction than the standard ones?

Incidentally, when I mentioned no downpipes earlier, I meant more like in the term of headers on the N/A engines. These are from the turbo back I believe?

They are for the Biturbo's you have with sports cats and catless, we have only fitted the sports cats one's but still seen gains and sound the perfect mix. Not to in your face but have a nice bark when you open them up. These one's bolt onto the turbo downpipe so very easy fit only take around an hour and come with brand new MB exhaust gaskets, clamps the whole lot.

You can get further gains by changing the smaller turbo downpipes but it can be quite a job labour wise you may as well go the whole hog and pull the engine and swap the turbo's at the same time :D

MB are happy with honouring the warranty on the car with exhaust modifications (I asked them about this when it had it's first service) though I would think they may have something to say about engine mods.

The beauty of the little box I have fitted is that it can be disconnected if necessary with no noticeable changes, putting the car back to standard, so any bigger mods will have to wait "just in case"

SavMan@EC said:
They are for the Biturbo's you have with sports cats and catless, we have only fitted the sports cats one's but still seen gains and sound the perfect mix. Not to in your face but have a nice bark when you open them up. These one's bolt onto the turbo downpipe so very easy fit only take around an hour and come with brand new MB exhaust gaskets, clamps the whole lot. You can get further gains by changing the smaller turbo downpipes but it can be quite a job labour wise you may as well go the whole hog and pull the engine and swap the turbo's at the same time :D

They are the ones that I and ACEJ have. We're both very happy with them :)

Bumping this as I've just had a phone call from a gentleman in Birmingham about exhausts for my car.

I'm very undecided about this. It's not a cheap mod, and no-one seems to know exactly what the benefits will be as there are none recorded in Europe apparently.

It wouldn't just be the pipes as posted by Paul above, which a couple of guys on here already have, but the awkward short ones from the turbo back as well. Not Rado ones either, but Weistec have been suggested.

My issue is that I already have 700+bhp and we don't know what the gains will be with this set-up. Having said that though, just looking at the pictures on the Weistec site you can see that AMG seem to have compromised on the design of these small pipes, so there must be something to be had. :)

Is it worth it do we think? Another problem is when is enough with these things?

Bang a spiderboot in the ecu and boom, flash it back to standard and modify it through the OBD port :D

If they are less restrictive and / or wider bore then you will always have the potential to create more power. Provided there is more being sucked in then improving and speeding up how exhaust gases are removed can only be a benefit...

Jules

Dave, no slipping clutches yet?

How many miles on yours now?

doughboy said:
Dave, no slipping clutches yet? How many miles on yours now?

I have been in a higher state of tune for best part of 8 months and 10k and have no clutch issues.

Dave, no slipping clutches yet?

How many miles on yours now?

No problem at all Mike. Not really doing the miles as you know, but managed to get a total of 9,250 on it up to now, with c4k at 700bhp+ and it's never missed a beat. Smooth and very torquey. :)

Now to get the front pipes sorted...

doughboy said:
Dave, no slipping clutches yet? How many miles on yours now?

10k miles on mine with same box as Dave

No issues with clutch whatsoever

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom