Best tyres 225 35 18 for e class convertible

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

9154antony

Car
E class 250 cdi convertible
255 35 18 tyres which ones

Also my front tyres are different think they are 235 40 18? This sound right

Last edited:
Yes, they sizes are different front to rear.

Just bought mine and will be replacing all 4 soon. Will most likely put some Uniroyal Rainsport 3's on it. Good wet weather tyre with progressive feedback. Something like a Michelin or Continental will last longer but not offer quite the same grip levels (but still very good tyres).

Avoid this budget rubbish like Kumho, Ecsta etc as they are not a progressive tyre and can lead to very erratic handling at the limits. Not what you want in this car.

Will most likely put some Uniroyal Rainsport 3's on it. Good wet weather tyre with progressive feedback. Something like a Michelin or Continental will last longer but not offer quite the same grip levels (but still very good tyres).

Avoid this budget rubbish like Kumho, Ecsta etc as they are not a progressive tyre and can lead to very erratic handling at the limits. Not what you want in this car.

Now for me, I'd avoid All the above except the Kumho budget rubbish..;)

Ermm, is Uniroyal not midrange the same as Kumho??:confused:

I have just put a set of Continental contisport5s on mine and it drives so much better than it did on the Hankooks.

Uniroyal seem to be well rated, though I have no experience with them.

I'm very happy with Michelin Pilot Sport 3, prefer them to previous Continental Sport Contact 5.

The new Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres are out too and seem to be very well rated from the small number of reviews which they've had.

just got my second set of goodyear asymetrics 3 used the 2 before and they have been faultless over 30,000 on the set of rears got mines from tyreleader £118 a pop

Now for me, I'd avoid All the above except the Kumho budget rubbish..;)

Ermm, is Uniroyal not midrange the same as Kumho??:confused:

Kumho is still in the budget / low quality tyre bracket (but very good margins for the suppliers and why they recommend them so much). Uniroyal is indeed mid range rather than premium. Just makes for a good compromise between quality and price for me.

Wouldn't argue with any of the premium ones others have mentioned though.

Kumho is still in the budget / low quality tyre bracket (but very good margins for the suppliers and why they recommend them so much). Uniroyal is indeed mid range rather than premium. Just makes for a good compromise between quality and price for me.

Odd the that some tests show Kumho out perform Uni. in many aspects, also strange that some manufactures fit Kumho as OE and yet Uni have still yet to be fitted as OE on any vehicle, still you must be right.

ps. There is more profit to be made on a Uni than a Kumho, at present..

Dunlop SP Sport Maxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom