Best way to secure items in car boot from moving about

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

erdnase

Car
E Class Coupe 2016
Been looking for a good way secure items in the car boot and stop them moving about. I do have a hook at the each side for a small shopping bag but need something extra when i want to put in more in, nothing huge really but just save things rolling around.

Been looking for a good way secure items in the car boot and stop them moving about. I do have a hook at the each side for a small shopping bag but need something extra when i want to put in more in, nothing huge really but just save things rolling around.

I find a large concrete block is great at stopping a dead body moving around. (or a live one for that matter).

Available from many outlets, even your local MB dealership..

Boot_Net_large.jpg

I use Gaffer Tape on the wrists, ankles and mouth. Brace the knees and elbows against the rear seat backs. Sometimes and old roll of carpet helps.

Does anybody have any good products for removing stubborn stains from the boot carpet?

Oooh ohh I know another way.
First place your items into the boot and then squirt in around 4 cans of builder's crazy foam. Remember to wait about an hour before setting off or the foam will not have cured enough to prevent movement. Also leave all you windows open during the drive home so that you don't get overcome by fumes.

So, the perfect post then?

Not really...you missed the point of a wind up thread by giving the correct answer.

A bit like the two pages we had on the other side trying to explain to a guy how to raise his bonnet vertically...eventually he went to the dealership so they could show him...they do walk amongst us.

This is of course the obvious answer...but it's a wind up thread so, maybe not what the OP was looking for.

This takes us into the territory of Russian Dolls (no not those types of Russian Dolls)

You place one inside the other, inside the other until you have doll that big enough to not roll around.

That is a nifty looking net though. I might see if I can make Mrs M some pants out of that.

Not really...you missed the point of a wind up thread by giving the correct answer.

A bit like the two pages we had on the other side trying to explain to a guy how to raise his bonnet vertically...eventually he went to the dealership so they could show him...they do walk amongst us.

Who's winding up who here?

Perhaps too subtle for you...

I certainly got some unexpected answers to my question..

Ahh good old gaffer tape, turns 'no, no, no' into 'hmm, hmm, hmm'. :D

I find just replacing the carpet is best and wash the boot floor with un diluted bleach then rinse with water.

The worry of the stain returning if someone should go looking for any evidence of a spill is removed then. Also don't forget the check remove and clean the rubber biot seals... They are a bugger for collecting hair..... Like off a dog for example :D

Like dropping a rock in a pond, the ripples spread and you never quite know what will surface. :cool:

So was this a wind up thread or did you just get some wind up responses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom