Better Dirty.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bconnelly

Car
E320 CDI Sport V6 (W211)
Hi all.

Just bought my first ever MB, it is a 2006 E320 CDI Sport (W211). Having come from an Audi A6 and before that a Range Rover TDV6, the Merc has impressed the hell out of me an all respects. I do have one quick question though. I took the car for a wash at the weekend, one of those hand jobs (if you'll excuse the expreession) with power washers. I kept the engine running throughout the wash and no problems but when I was pulling away it felt like she was not firing on all cylinders. It only lasted about a minute and cleared. Is there anything on this car that's suceptible to water/moisture I should keep an eye on? Had it been petrol I would obviously be looking at the ignition, but a diesel?

Other than that, I love the old girl :)

Thanks

If this is a V6, it has air intake going right up to the grille, possibly water has gone into the intake pipes?

camerafodder said:
I have to confess to thinking I would find a much juicier thread!
You've got "hand jobs", "pulling away", "only lasted about a minute", "love the old girl" and "going right up". What more do you want?

Hmmm. Not sure I like where this conversation is going :) Fact is when she's hot and wet she gets a little temperemental but once she's dried off she's just perfect, purrs like a kitten. You know what? I might just put up with this problem and enjoy it. ;-)

To be fair I do wonder if all the obsessive detailers and washers are doing is promoting rust.

To be fair I do wonder if all the obsessive detailers and washers are doing is promoting rust.

Probably, but it's always the question of what is a greater promoter of rust, the build up of contamination combined with rain water VS the cleaning products & hard water.

You've got "hand jobs", "pulling away", "only lasted about a minute", "love the old girl" and "going right up". What more do you want?

Hmmm. Not sure I like where this conversation is going :) Fact is when she's hot and wet she gets a little temperemental but once she's dried off she's just perfect, purrs like a kitten. You know what? I might just put up with this problem and enjoy it. ;-)

And you have the tags at the bottom....dirty

but it's always the question of what is a greater promoter of rust

Buy an MB if you want any kind of guarantee...

They guarantee all their cars will rust in 30 years and often a lot sooner!

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom