Bicester Meet March 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Charles Morgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes 250CE W114, Alfa Romeo GT Coupe 3.2 V6
A couple of people contacted me over the weekend about running another Bicester meet, and so I thought I would speak to Simeon, and the guys at the body shop. My plan this year was to see if I could arrange it to coincide with the completion of my W114 coupe restoration, but as that has slipped back a few months for all the usual reasons, I haven't really had much impetus. There is some building work going on up there which doesn't help and so Simeon suggested we plan something for early March when Spring should be springing. I hope to get Dan and Matt there as well as Gerry the leather trimmer from Inflex, all based at the works.

As for last year, I want to encourage as broad a list of cars as possible, obviously no-one else will be allowed to bring a W114, but from as old as possible, as slammed as possible to as new as possible.

Really enjoyed the last one Charles, great variety!

Well done CM - my offer still stands as it's local(ish) to me :thumb:.

Mine's a double gin!

Roll on spring

I've also had several offers of help, one of which was to provide us with food from his own butchers, a very generous idea. Spreading the load will certainly make it easier for me and more enjoyable all round.

I'm undecided. Last year I ended up with a new, to me, S212. :(

You must come Derek!

(Wonders what rubbish he can bring to palm off on Druk).

There is a chance that I may be able to attend - but as you know, I no longer have a M.B. If you don't mind an interloper in a Volvo, I will pencil the date in my diary Charles.

I had no idea Brian, but you would be most welcome, just park round the back...

I think this is a good idea I would be interested in attending

If you set off now you might make it by March!

For all those who PMed offers of help, thanks - I'll be in touch closer to the time, but my PM box is stuffed with coupe restoration stuff, so a reply there will soon have me at the post limit.

Hi Charles, please may attend your little meet with a noisy E Class? :D

Can't offer much in the way of help though, looking at the picture from last year's event, at least I'll know one or two of the guys there so we could possibly so a little bit of something to assist? :)

Hi Charles, please may attend your little meet with a noisy E Class? :D

Can't offer much in the way of help though, looking at the picture from last year's event, at least I'll know one or two of the guys there so we could possibly so a little bit of something to assist? :)

Badge fitting service?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom