big brother or sensible plan?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And what about Chris Knott and Adrian Flux does anybody think they don't check on forums.

It's a good idea from their point of view. Why insure a known risk?

I doubt that this practice is aimed at us.

My knowledge about this social media thing is very limited as it doesnt interest me in any way but , dont you have to "allow" someone to see your "profile" :dk:

Kenny

My knowledge about this social media thing is very limited as it doesnt interest me in any way but , dont you have to "allow" someone to see your "profile" :dk:

Kenny

I assume our hapless and picked upon youth will have to allow them to do this just to get insurance, just as they have to allow these companies to fit black box monitering devices.

ie if you want insurance on your 1 litre Saxo for less than £10k you have to have a black box, refuse the intrusion and you've got something to hide

The insurance companies spend a lot of money researching activities like this.

By looking at people's lifestyles, their social media activities, health, possibly even holiday destinations, what you watch on tv, spending habits and a load of other things you get up to it enables them to paint a pretty good picture of each individual.

It's not foolproof but pretty good nevertheless.

The insurance companies spend a lot of money researching activities like this.

By looking at people's lifestyles, their social media activities, health, possibly even holiday destinations, what you watch on tv, spending habits and a load of other things you get up to it enables them to paint a pretty good picture of each individual.

It's not foolproof but pretty good nevertheless.

That'll be why my comprehensive, protected no claims bonus, annual insurance premium is less than £150 then. I don't do Facebook, Twitter, Tinder, or any of those things. Just this forum, one for the Norfolk Broads and Moneysavingexpert...

lisa110rry said:
That'll be why my comprehensive, protected no claims bonus, annual insurance premium is less than £150 then. I don't do Facebook, Twitter, Tinder, or any of those things. Just this forum, one for the Norfolk Broads and Moneysavingexpert...

Got it in one.

Perhaps they'll start looking at motoring forums for evidence of lifestyle, that would be entertaining for them.

Reminds me of someone I was going to interview for a job a while back. I looked at his Facebook page the night before to find him boasting about the cannabis he was growing and how much money it was making him. Wonder where he is today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom