Bird droppings has marked my paint

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

reggie musson

Car
CLK 2.7 Diesel
Has anyone got some advise on bird droppings that has marked the paint about the size of a large thumb mark at the top of the door on my lovely CLK.
The car is black which must be the worst colour to show any type of blemish and so far I have tried a little Tcut, then rewaxed that area but still shows and wonder if the clearcoat has been damaged and will just have to live with it.
Any ideas guys ? :confused:
Thanks, Reggie

A bird pooed on the bonnet of my car once. :mad:

I finished with her there and then.

Where are you based?

Had it happen to me last weekend to the C Class.

During the night a seagull deposited the contents of its bowels over the roof, boot and down the drivers; I was not happy. (You could tell it was a seagull by the amount)

I cleaned the poo off with a wet-wipe, dried the area with a microfibre cloth and then polished with Autoglym Super resin Polish; came up like new.

Trouble is,if you don't clean it off straight away,the acid content just eats into the paint,can't offer any advise short of a blow over,tried everything over the years.

Do you have any pics Reggie, it may well be that you'll need to use an electric polisher with some cutting compound to remove as it probably won't be enough with hand use. Depending on the level of contamination, you may have to wet sand and polish it as shown in the link below, but this is something i'd leave to the professionals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vgQ0wkrPkk

Last edited:
Tried to photo the mark but it does not show up on a photo.

classic amg, what a beautiful car. i doubt if there is any car brand thats above it. :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom