Birds Nest Issues...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SportsCoupeRich

MB Enthusiast
Car
RRS
My home is shaped a bit like an 'n'.

Some birds have nested in one of the corners and are noisy in the morning (set dogs off), sh*t everywhere and have just lost a member in the house (my other half shooed it out eventually....unfortunately am away with work so didn't see the hysteria. Assuming hilarity ensued).

I am under orders to dispose of said nest when home in a week or face sleep in y workshop for the foreseeable future.

I have read a bit online. Wanted some practical experience. I neither want to harm the birds (there are some young ones in the nest, not quite flying yet), get them disowned by parent birds, get attacked at the top of a 20ft ladder, or get covered in guano....

Any ideas for safe removal or rehoming? :dk::dk::dk:

I don't have a gun before anyone asks.....

Just bide your time, at least until the young birds have fledged. Won't be long now and you'll feel better for it.

To be honest it's been about a 5 weeks - i've been cautiously ignoring it and jet washing the barn timber.

My concern is that they might never leave - to birds keep a nest long term?

What type of birds/nest? Once the youngsters have gone, I wouldn't have any guilt about moving the nest if it was such a problem. I would hope the birds will soon find another nesting site.

I am under orders to dispose of said nest when home in a week or face sleep in y workshop for the foreseeable future.

It's not too bad……

IMAG0235.jpg

Definitely wait until they fledge then watch Mum and Dad teaching them how to fly.

We have just had blue tit in our greenhouse - would the daft b****r go through the open door? No chance. Had to jam open the temperature controlled window and let it fly out that way in the thunder , lightning and rain!

I think there are some Great T!ts in our garden. :D
They are using a nesting box that we hadn't put up, which is only a metre above the ground just outside the downstairs loo window.
First I knew about it was the loud knocking on the box (like a Woodpecker, only slower). What a racket! There are many theories about T!ts knocking, but no definitive answer.

Bruce had some great t!ts in his garden (almost), as I recall.

I give up, can't even mention the Parus major without the objectionable language filter intervening:)

Last edited:
Talking of birds, had a large Rook pecking my bonnet the other day, I think he saw a reflection of himself. Not amused as I was worried about the paint. I suggested the wife to stand outside with her arms outstretched for a couple of days but cannot say what her reply was.
So if it keeps happening it looks like a car cover or a gun.

A reckon the gun will do more damage to the bonnet that the Rook will

So it appears....i'll wait for them to fly and then sort it out. In the meantime I will start filling a bird seed bowl with immodium plus to halt the sh*tting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom