Bit of Autoglym super resin polish

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jon.english68

Car
C220 AMG Sport Plus Coupe
Gotta say the results speak for them self
4740c82a41769468a243345b1a3f8cd8.jpg
6fefde0cd232001dda2e58ff1e572475.jpg
abe6f181ae54b2332aac7d127c86c874.jpg

I do love this car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i like it that much i bought a 5 litre tin . :D

Get some sonax onto it

There's a load of chalk-like filler in AG SRP, so it not only masks any swirl-type light scratches, it also leaves you with white lines round edges and seals - PITA to remove! I used it for many years, switched to AG Bodyshop 01B hard polish (officially NLA, although I recently got a litre off Ebay) but have now changed to 3M Perfect-it applied with my DAS6 DA polisher.

However, I fully agree with the recommendations above for AG HD wax - although Sonax and Colinite waxes are also well spoken of (have not tried them) and in my experience Swissvax is not worth the money - and it was one of their "cheaper" waxes I tried!

Hi,
just recently bought my first Mercedes (a 2004 E320CDi) and one of the first jobs on any car I buy is a good wash and scrub up to start with
Makes life easier from then on hopefully :dk:

Couple of good washes, then clay bar, then AG polish (do get some white edges so may try something else when its all gone :thumb:) the wax and finish off with AG top coat hard glaze

just glad I bought a random sander :cool:

:thumb:

Super job, well done. Great consistent products Autoglym, not all perfect but always rewarding to use.

Good as it gets with AG but not much good for cars sitting out side ..I know i have used it for 20 years . Old type wax for me in a tin = Simonize Original Wax hard to put on and hard to polish off after ,but it out lasts all others Thats me only ..

Last edited:
A lot of people discredit SRP as it's been around for years, is relatively cheap and I think doesn't get the credit it deserves.

Yes it's full of fillers but if you're polishing by hand, you're not correcting the paintwork anyway you just want a nice shiny finish. This does exactly that!

A car given a once over with SRP and followed up with a decent paste wax (Collinite/Finishkare etc.) will looks great as does your ride OP :)

Thanks for the comments guys, my plan is to build up a good coat of SRP then get some dodo juice on it, this served me well with my Saab
ce4376bd9223abc2e7b9e48d0a48cb9b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of people discredit SRP as it's been around for years, is relatively cheap and I think doesn't get the credit it deserves.

Yes it's full of fillers but if you're polishing by hand, you're not correcting the paintwork anyway you just want a nice shiny finish. This does exactly that!

A car given a once over with SRP and followed up with a decent paste wax (Collinite/Finishkare etc.) will looks great as does your ride OP :)

I agree.

I use SRP by hand and then just seal it off with AG HD wax.

Do you guys polish that often?

I thought polish was only used for paint correction ?

Hence I SRP'd any scratches on my car, then sealed with Bilt and Hamber Paste Wax (brilliant wax by the way)

You wouldn't need to polish more often than every six months realistically.

SRP has enough cut (not much) in it to remove any minor marks and obviously fillers to leave a nice shine. A proper polish though, really doesn't need doing often.

I machine polished my E Class back in the summer last year, I'm in no rush to do it again.

In my view SRP is a quick fix product for swirly cars due to its fillers, that has to be used with care around any badges, door handles and especially rubbers due to the white marks and dusty residues.
I've used Platinum wax as a filler which didnt have the downsides, but a high quality (percentage) Carnauba has achieved much the same result for me. I just think the product has been bettered.

Our cars get a full machine polish (polish being an abrasive process, rather than waxing which is a non-abrasive, protective coat) about every couple of years. Then a top quality wax - after the time it takes I'm looking for shine and durability so Race Glaze 55 is my wax of choice. There is very little protection in SRP as the fillers will wash out in less than a month, so a wax/sealant is required asap. Ditto Zymol Cleaner Wax for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom