Bit of Tunnel Fun this Afternoon...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
First one just sounds like a tractor with a blown exhaust , second link not working .

I think this is what we were looking for Pontoneer ;)

[YOUTUBE]cgJuVOrXv68[/YOUTUBE]

+

Gives me an idea though...it's been a few years since driving the Furka/Grimsel/Gotthard routes in Switzerland. Amazing roads.

popcorn time again. :D

I understand the attraction of making noise in a tunnel but what a shame it was marred by inconsiderate driving.

Rule 168 - the Annotated Highway Code

"Being overtaken. If a driver is trying to overtake you, maintain a steady course and speed, slowing down if necessary to let the vehicle pass. Never obstruct drivers who wish to pass. Speeding up or driving unpredictably while someone is overtaking you is dangerous. Drop back to maintain a two-second gap if someone overtakes and pulls into the gap in front of you."

Overtaking means a vehicle engaged in the manoeuvre, not necessarily someone alongside or even very close. "Unpredictably" should speak for itself.

NOW it's time for popcorn, Druk!

Never been very keen on techno-farting, however loud it may be. The C63 sounds pretty good from inside the car, until he gives it a few beans and on the overrun.

Each to his own, though. It's largely an age thing...

So, MBclub isn't really the right place for 'that sort of thing'.

Maybe there's another, less straight laced, MB forum?

BTW, is Edward some kind of new insult?

So, MBclub isn't really the right place for 'that sort of thing'.

Maybe there's another, less straight laced, MB forum?

BTW, is Edward some kind of new insult?

Sorry Derek, not Edward!

tumblr_ljq77svYwA1qavmeoo1_500.gif

I understand the attraction of making noise in a tunnel but what a shame it was marred by inconsiderate driving.

Rule 168 - the Annotated Highway Code

"Being overtaken. If a driver is trying to overtake you, maintain a steady course and speed, slowing down if necessary to let the vehicle pass. Never obstruct drivers who wish to pass. Speeding up or driving unpredictably while someone is overtaking you is dangerous. Drop back to maintain a two-second gap if someone overtakes and pulls into the gap in front of you."

Overtaking means a vehicle engaged in the manoeuvre, not necessarily someone alongside or even very close. "Unpredictably" should speak for itself.

NOW it's time for popcorn, Druk!

I don't know the tunnel in question , and the camera car is far from the only transgressor , but that centre line marking in the tunnel looked continuous to me ( save for catseyes ) and it is my understanding that solid lines should not be crossed , so I rather think lane changes in the tunnel are prohibited ?

I don't know the tunnel in question , and the camera car is far from the only transgressor , but that centre line marking in the tunnel looked continuous to me ( save for catseyes ) and it is my understanding that solid lines should not be crossed , so I rather think lane changes in the tunnel are prohibited ?

Don't be such an Edward all the time, have a day off now and then! :D

The bigger crime is driving an AMG at such a low speed you get over-taken by a boggo Civic and some funny boxy Japanese thing...I'm shocked!

Don't be such an Edward all the time, have a day off now and then! :D

The rules exist for a reason : there have been nasty incidents in continental tunnels , and although I haven't attended one myself , we had a training exercise in the Clyde Tunnel based on a real crash that occurred there with multiple vehicles involved and zero visibility due to fire .

Don't mean to be a spoilsport , but I see the consequences of things going wrong more than most .

The rules exist for a reason : there have been nasty incidents in continental tunnels , and although I haven't attended one myself , we had a training exercise in the Clyde Tunnel based on a real crash that occurred there with multiple vehicles involved and zero visibility due to fire .

Don't mean to be a spoilsport , but I see the consequences of things going wrong more than most .

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom