Black friday is here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just received this from ECP CS.

[FONT=&quot]Good Morning,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for contacting Customer Services,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The deadline is posted on all of our adverts, as this shows ’10 days of amazing deals’ not ’10 days of this offer’ it is explained that there will be different offers available to you,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you by this misunderstanding however we will not be able to honour this as the deal has now expired,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us on +44(0)203 474 0500 or email us on [email protected] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Our offices are open from 8am-6pm Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:30pm Saturday[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Kind Regards,[/FONT]

ECP discounts are a farce anyway, they ramp up the prices before hand to cover the discounts - forget about their prentend deals and get down to costco for oil, chevrons cheap in there everyday, now and then even cheaper.

You would think for posting a mis-leading promotion which is causing confusion on a sponsored forum, ECP would give a one off goodwill gesture.

Pat was always good at looking into these complaints

"10 days of Amazing Deals" How about an alternative?

"365 days of carp."

If anybody posts on twitter or facebook & wants to link to this thread please, feel free.

I really can't be doing with ECP for multiple reasons and would rather have a car that didn't work than use them but I actually read it as "10 days worth of deals" not "deals that last 10 days"

So then SPX, if you want to ignore the only reference to time in the ad, when would you say the OIL50 offer was intended to end?

I would have assumed that it was ten offers over a ten day period, one per day, but then the wording used is no less than I'd expect of ECP.

I've bought lots of things from ECP over the last 20 years but only when the price is right. Rule no1 check the price elsewhere first before buying and don't believe any advertising until you see the price. They had some excellent deals under the black Friday 50% promotion that I doubt could have been beaten anywhere and some that weren't so good because the price had been inflated too much. ECP have been playing that game for years so why is anyone surprised. I bought one of the good deals. That's the way it goes. I confess I didn't even notice the thing about 10 days but now when read with a sceptical eye I wouldn't have assumed the 50% discount was going to last for 10 days as ECP never do that when they have a big discount event. I assumed the offer was to end midnight Monday.

Part of the problem seems to be that black Friday doesn't seem to mean just Friday any more. I'm very slow to catch on with these trends but I know when the price is right.

I would have assumed that it was ten offers over a ten day period, one per day, but then the wording used is no less than I'd expect of ECP.

That is incorrect. Or, more accurately, it may be incorrect.

You see, ECP don't actually know when the OIL50 offer ended.

In an email from Rebecca Pratt of the [FONT=&quot]Customer Service Team [/FONT]to me 2 days ago replying to my original enquiry she stated:

"[FONT=&quot]Good afternoon,
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you for contacting Customer Services,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]That oil offer was only valid till Sunday at midnight, the ten days of offers thing refers to different offers being offered throughout the next few days,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate ....[/FONT][FONT=&quot]"

While the screengrab they sent me (post 18) says "OFFER ENDS MIDNIGHT MONDAY". So[FONT=&quot], I don't [FONT=&quot]really know when it ended or was meant to end, or indeed, if it is still going as we are within[FONT=&quot] the 10 day[FONT=&quot]s[/FONT][/FONT].[/FONT][/FONT]

My indy tells me he has stopped ordering parts from ECP in sheer frustration at their incompetence. Too often he was wasting time & money trying to fit wrong parts they had sent or fitting wrong parts that don't work once fitted. Judging from the tone on this thread I'd say the majority have fallen out of love with ECP.

I wonder if Head Boy [/FONT]Robert L. Wagman back at LKQ has a clue what's going on here in the UK.

Last edited:
Honestly Neil, I know at least three indies that stopped using them ages ago (one of them turns over more than six figures a month), they are a shocking company and the quicker they go bust the better, an absolute shower of ****.

Got that for you pal...ECP CEO email:thumb: drop Martin a line, best to deal with the organ grinder...tell him about the fantastic ECP customer experience:wallbash:

[email protected]

Me to them.

Thank you for your latest email.

Could you please give me the name & phone number of ECP's head of customer service?

I would like to give ECP one last chance to rectify this situation before filing a complaint with https://www.asa.org.uk/Consumers/How-to-complain.aspx & involving LKQ Corporation - Investor Relations - Corporate Governance - Board - Person Details

Regards.

Last edited:
Thanks DSB, I was planning on going to the CEO of LQK Corp, ECP's parent company in the USA, where they are usually quite hot on customer service.

Decisions, decisions.............

Do both. And then stop using them. If people keep using them/falling for their silly marketing lies they'll keep opening more branches leaving the rest of us with less choice of where to buy...
Used to be several motor factors near me that i'd use. They've all gone except for S&C who are now surrounded by eurocrap branches leaving me a choice of queing for ages at S&C or waiting for eons in an empty eurocrap after having to buy on line to get the "real" price mail ordering from someone else

To add some balance I've got to say I've never had a bad experience with ECP or carparts 4 less. To be fair it's a long time since I bought spare parts as such but for branded service items like oil, filters, plugs, pads and discs I've never had a complaint. I tend to stock up when the price is right and not wait until I need something so the discount shenanigans are not really a problem. I can see how they would be though to a regular buyer like an indie.

There is one thing I hate about the ECP parts web site and most every other too and that's the dumbing down of parts selection that assumes you can't possibly know what part you want and they insist on the car details being entered to choose the part for you. Lets say I want to look at the available spark plugs for my motorcycle; I know that they stock them but the only way I can get at them is to pretend I have a car that uses the same part. Thankfully they are not so dumb when it comes to oil selection.

Have also used carparts4less occasionally and never had any issues...however, if used frequently that might not be the case as the risk of admin / logistics errors will be higher...

To add some balance I've got to say I've never had a bad experience with ECP or carparts 4 less. To be fair it's a long time since I bought spare parts as such but for branded service items like oil, filters, plugs, pads and discs I've never had a complaint. I tend to stock up when the price is right and not wait until I need something so the discount shenanigans are not really a problem. I can see how they would be though to a regular buyer like an indie.

There is one thing I hate about the ECP parts web site and most every other too and that's the dumbing down of parts selection that assumes you can't possibly know what part you want and they insist on the car details being entered to choose the part for you. Lets say I want to look at the available spark plugs for my motorcycle; I know that they stock them but the only way I can get at them is to pretend I have a car that uses the same part. Thankfully they are not so dumb when it comes to oil selection.

There is one thing I hate about the ECP parts web site and most every other too and that's the dumbing down of parts selection that assumes you can't possibly know what part you want and they insist on the car details being entered to choose the part for you.

Which is made all the worse when the parts their system presents you with are incorrect. :fail

I wanted some screen wash. Did an order online for collection but for some reason when I got to the store they couldn't find it. So I said can they match the price of the web offer and they couldn't. I stood there on my phone, put another web order through, and then he printed it off and grabbed my screen wash.
The young lad behind the counter that was adamant he couldn't price match was a bit shy when he gave me my order after I was standing there in front of him for 5 mins doing my online order! Even tried to tell me that online order can take up to 30 mins to come through. I reckon it was printed within 3 mins of me placing the order!!

Me to them.

Thank you for your latest email.

Could you please give me the name & phone number of ECP's head of customer service?

I would like to give ECP one last chance to rectify this situation before filing a complaint with https://www.asa.org.uk/Consumers/How-to-complain.aspx & involving LKQ Corporation - Investor Relations - Corporate Governance - Board - Person Details

Regards.

No reply to my last email.

Wednesday morning I'm escalating this to the Big Cheese.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom