Black Friday - what did you buy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I queued up for hours with lots of other people from 2 in the morning.

Once we got in, it was like a Tsunami of humans washing through Asda.

I got arrested 3 times after beating up numerous scrotes and fighting over the merchandise.

It was worth it though - got a £200 Polaroid TV for £50! :bannana:

[who'sthewinnernow]Should be able to get at least £30 on the bay...[/who'sthewinnernow]

I queued up for hours with lots of other people from 2 in the morning.

I did too, then I remembered (a) it was open 24 hours and (b) Asda don't do Black Friday anymore :D

Nothing.

Logged on to a few sites now and again but couldn't see anything that I needed/wanted that had any sort of serious discount.

An Xbox one S bundle with an extra game, extra controller and a years Xbox live £210 saved

New Samsung 4K uhd telly, £250 off

Bose 5.1 soundbar with extra speakers and subwoofer, £200 off

£660 savings on stuff I needed, couldn't go wrong!

An Xbox one S bundle with an extra game, extra controller and a years Xbox live £210 saved

New Samsung 4K uhd telly, £250 off

Bose 5.1 soundbar with extra speakers and subwoofer, £200 off

£660 savings on stuff I needed, couldn't go wrong!

Fair enough.

I did see some seriously discounted PS4 bundles - I just don't need one as I paid full price for the boy's one last XMAS.....

Londonscottish said:
Fair enough. I did see some seriously discounted PS4 bundles - I just don't need one as I paid full price for the boy's one last XMAS.....

Can make a lot of money in the sales by buying on demand and selling on, but that takes effort and going to the stores so I didn't do it this year

Now I've got an extra £600 to splash on the kids. The Xbox was for my sons present, tv and soundbar for me :devil:

The PS4's were literally being given away at some places which sold out fast, there was one 1tb bundle for £120 with two great games!! :eek:

I was very tempted but the new consoles coming out far surpass them so I'm holding out, another reason I haven't upgraded to the one-S yet from my Xbox one

I believe in January the high end tv's will be heavily discounted again as 2017 has some really nice models being released which make 4K look overrated, would be the time to upgrade a tv which comes with the external future proof box which can be updated

Last edited:
Went to buy a set of front discs from ecp but they increased the price by £40 for the event.

3. Philips Wireless Headphones, reduced from £70 to £35 plus another £10 off Quidco.
Bob, what do you think of these, are they any good ? Loud and Plenty of Bass ?
Cheers
Lee

Morrisons black pepper and sea salt bread £1, tiger bread £0.75 I also went to Tesco to buy black plimsols for my daughter for £6. Almost forgot, at Sainsbury's 2x 4 pack of Fuller's London Pride. Pretty dull Black Friday but Cyber Monday was exceptional.

3. Philips Wireless Headphones, reduced from £70 to £35 plus another £10 off Quidco.
Bob, what do you think of these, are they any good ? Loud and Plenty of Bass ?
Cheers
Lee

These are actually a xmas pressie for my nephew so can't comment I'm afraid.

You could purchase and return is they are no good (was from Argos)

And two Goodyear eagle F1s asymmetric 3 at £108.00 each RESULT well chuffed with that Get In

These are actually a xmas pressie for my nephew so can't comment I'm afraid.

You could purchase and return is they are no good (was from Argos)

Bought a pair of these following OP1 posting, , thought they were a good buy, not much of an audiophile myself though , but very satisfied non the less, should add SWMBO has comandered them :(

bob6600 said:
These are actually a xmas pressie for my nephew so can't comment I'm afraid. You could purchase and return is they are no good (was from Argos)

The wireless receiver that plugs into the feed, is it a 1/4" jack or 3.5mm connection?

This was 2 years ago lol
The wireless receiver that plugs into the feed, is it a 1/4" jack or 3.5mm connection?

Sorry I never saw your reply mate, it is 3.5mm lol

Not seen anything spectacular this year however I have just bought

1. AIO laser printer - mine was knackered and Amazon open box so 20% off
2. Wireless Anker charger - lightning deal
3. Karcher hose extension - Amazon Warehouse so 20% off

That's it so far

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom