Black scuffs on tan coloured plastic, help.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharville79

Car
No Mercedes at the moment
Hello All,

My W210 has a tan coloured interior. Over the 8 years of it's life it has acquired black scuff marks on the interior plastic, mainly around the door sills from people getting in and out.

So far I've tried most of the cleaning products under the sink, Autoglym interior shampoo and even lighter fluid. While the Autoglym was superb at cleaning the rest of the car it still didn't shift these marks. I asked in my local Merc dealership what their guys use and all they could suggest was using a stiff nail brush (which I'd tried).

Has anyone found a product that works or will I just have to live with these marks??

Cheers

White spirit (turps) should do it. Petrol would also do it but you'd have to be carefull NOT to stay in one place too long or you may damage the plastic.

UPVC solvent cleaner. NOT the foam rubbish from B&Q and the like, has to be solvent. Try your local builders merchants etc. This stuff cleans anything

Quick update,

Picked up some De-Solve-it UPVC Clean-Up spray for £3.29 from Screwfix. I would say it's got rid of 90% of the scuff marks, it's probably the best I can hope for with a 3 year old climbing in and out of the car all the time!!

For really stubborn black marks, I've used a scouring pad (like the one on the reverse side of a kitchen sponge), used carefully. It takes a bit of a shine off the plastic/vinyl, but this can be replaced with an Autoglym type leather/vinyl product. Try it on a hard to see area first.

Glad it has been some use. I use UPVC cleaner for all sorts of jons- sometimes even the windows!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom