Blackvue DR650GW Dashcam + Power Magic Pro Install question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

joncoyle

Car
E250 Coupé - Facelift, AMG
Deliberated over which Dashcam to get for a while and eventually decided the Blackvue looks best, so picked one up last week.
I'm going to install it this weekend, and the power magic pro just piggy back's on to a couple of fuses in the box.
I've found an installation guide online for a new C Class Coupe, but was wondering if anyone has fitted one of these to an E Class?

It may be the same (Same fuses to use) as the guide I've found, if that's the case it looks pretty straight forward.
But if anyone can suggest otherwise I'd be thankful for the advice!

Cheers

Since you're using Power Magic Pro, just make sure you pick a permanently live fuse.
If your power socket in the boot is always on, that fuse would be ideal (secondary one, not primary).
As to the actual fuse number, you'd need to check your own fuse chart.

Since you're using Power Magic Pro, just make sure you pick a permanently live fuse.
If your power socket in the boot is always on, that fuse would be ideal (secondary one, not primary).
As to the actual fuse number, you'd need to check your own fuse chart.

From what I see I have to jump on to both a constant live and a switched live, then earth it.
But i've also read there is no need to connect the yellow cable to a switched live at all and you will be fine with just one live and an earth.

I haven't actually used the 650 yet, still running trusty old 400-II (four years and still perfect) and 0801 as a rear, but I did have PMPro in my old car - there was only one [+] (no WiFi, etc), so can't really help here, I'm afraid.

I haven't actually used the 650 yet, still running trusty old 400-II (four years and still perfect) and 0801 as a rear, but I did have PMPro in my old car - there was only one [+] (no WiFi, etc), so can't really help here, I'm afraid.

No problem, your input has been helpful. Thanks.

If I manage to get round to it on Sunday i'll take some pictures of the install.
Just waiting on a couple of piggy back fuses to turn up and i'm good to go

I'll be interested in the pictures of the installation [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom