Blueyonder PC Guard problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Dazzler

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
Smart ForFour AMG Black Series Night Edition Premium Plus 125 Powered by Brabus
When I start my laptop I get a message stating that Blueyonder PC Guard hasn't started properly, and the Windows Security icon appears in the system tray saying that Antivirus is off.

When I check, PC Guard is working, has updated within the last few days and appears to be functioning normally.

The message suggests a re-boot (which hasn't helped), or full re-install of PC Guard.

Tried System Restore in case a Windows update had caused a conflict, but no success there.

Any ideas before I re-install?

I'm afraid I can't offer any fix for this and would be trying a re-install as my next option. Only thing I would say is that I get this at work occasionally with MacAfee where the AV software is happy but Windows claims it isn't. We've never managed to bottom the problem out, but it does seem feasible that Windows is occasionally wrong.

Trouble is that with AV software you just don't want to take the chance.

Thanks Ratz.

Cartainly got me scratching my head. If anyone else has ideas, please let me know.

Personally, I would get rid of it before it causes you more problems.

Hit the uninstall button and put some decent software on. Blueyonder PCGuard.... there's an oxymoron. :)

Actually, you may have fun uninstalling it, I wish you luck.

Last edited:
Personally, I would get rid of it before it causes you more problems.

Hit the uninstall button and put some decent software on. Blueyonder PCGuard.... there's an oxymoron. :)

Actually, you may have fun uninstalling it, I wish you luck.

:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom