Bmw m3 (e46): You know you want to

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Isn't there something that needs looking at with regard to the rear floor area on these?
I don't think he would consider your BS as part ex!

Tony.

They crack on the rear subframe and most warrantys are void on these now.The 01 and 02 ones suffer from oil starvation but they don't rot as bad as mercs of this time IMO but of course it's how well the car has been kept.
Not a big fan tbh I like the e30 e36 and e92 ones

I had one of these before my merc, on par for build and drive ability, Used to destroy rear tyres and the interior was more like a jap car from the 80's

18mpg was my average as a daily driver. I had it for the summer only and sold it on for a profit.

Mates just brought one that needed a new diff for 3k.

My mate has bought one of these and had to spend around 4k in repairs in less than 6 months! It had full BMW service history aswell.

Yep they are fragile little beasts compared to the E36 which is my personal favourite

Yes, having owned an E36 Evolution and driven an E46 M3, they made such a good job of the Evo that the E46 just wasn't much different.

My E36 was very reliable whilst I had it although it was 3 years old when I bought it. Had a VANOS gasket changed as a precaution under warranty as these are known to pop.

I've got one of these and it's a beauty. Very fast but comfortable. Just did 700 miles with ease.

Phoenix yellow too with 19" rims. Love it :)

42k miles one owner from new.

Appropriate number plate too :cool:

Nah looking for a 500E but they are too expensive!

Fixer upper would be good for me

Why do some people have that view of M3 drivers? It is an expensive car so you have to have deep pockets to run it. Plus most of the drivers I have seen appear to be sensible middle aged people.

Frustrating to say the least!

Of course theres nothing wrong with tattoos or shaved heads but we all know what lewyboy is getting at!

I wasn't sensible or middle-aged with my M3 but I don't have tattoos or a shaved head.

I was on a BMW forum and I don't remember any drivers having either of those 'credentials'.

Meatheads drive a range of cars in any case - including Mercs...

the E36 which is my personal favourite

Got to be the E30 M3 for me (being an E30 nut, i would say that!), wish id put the extra £2.5k+ it would have taken to bag one, when i bought my 325i Cab about 11 years ago.... It would be worth a pretty penny now....

They are not to everyone's taste, that's for sure. They have their place...

This is mine, last weekend

18e8578b9e1a3bfebcff9613f3437dd2.jpg

My mate was there too

ed5238bf9bb9d3c6bf32d1e2733e5900.jpg

...and we're back in the room.

Why do some people have that view of M3 drivers?

Same as all Merc drivers being old codgers or Eastern European/Russian people smugglers I guess?

I have had a couple of E46 M3's, there is a reason they sold so well, a truly stunning car all round.

M3_1.jpg

M3_3.jpg

18_antracite.jpg

And my fave....

csl2.jpg

cslint2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom