BMW M3 wow what a beauty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hmm, I've always preferred the coupe so not hugely into it.

I'm sure it is a great car to drive like all M3s.

What's that halforfds special??:D

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Thats one ugly front spoiler, Is that an after market add on? ruined the rest of the car!!

Probably the worst car I have ever driven was an M3 Evo with the steptronic gearbox in mid-late 1998 - it was the demonstrator for BMW just outside Sevenoaks, the gearbox was absolute rubbish, I could not get a smooth gearchange whether in auto or manual mode unless I was driving it like I stole it. Even worse, it was not smart enough, in manual mode, the change down if you decelerated and forgot to tap the stick. End result, ended up stationary at a roundabout, went to pull onto the roundabout - was probably still in 4th, nearly got T-boned as the car lurched and nearly died.

Bought a Porsche 968 tiptronic instead - and have had one ever since!

Im not at all against BMW's i love the e39's think they look awesome, But m3's simply dont do anything for me. and tbh think they sound pritty poor too

t-dawg1 said:
Mate I'm a die hard Mercedes Enthusiast and have owned 5 in my 35yrs but it won't stop me admiring other beautiful Marques. I appreciate a good car when I see one regardless.....hence I posted under "General Discussion"

Agreed I think they look awesome! I have no doubt this cars performance is all round amazing

I owned a manual E90 M3 and it was a great car, really good, the biggest gripe I had was that BMW had managed to make the V8 sound a bit **** really.

SPX said:
I owned a manual E90 M3 and it was a great car, really good, the biggest gripe I had was that BMW had managed to make the V8 sound a bit **** really.

My issue with the e90 m3 is it was stupidly bland to look at. It drove spot on. I know an m powered car is meant to be refined to look at but I much prefer the new ones aggressive looks!

Mate I'm a die hard Mercedes Enthusiast and have owned 5 in my 35yrs but it won't stop me admiring other beautiful Marques. I appreciate a good car when I see one regardless.....hence I posted under "General Discussion"

You're spot on mate, nothing wrong at all.

Great car, I love it.

The BMW M3 is a legendary car guys. The drive feel of a BMW (in terms of dynamics, handling etc) is kind of unbeatable tbh. I don't think the C AMGs or the S4s can live up to that? I've always liked the look of the M3 - a proper sports car look

I remember once sitting in a 2001 520d and it felt very connected to the road and handled tight and sharp but also had reasonable comfort (obviously not as comfy as MB). I would like to own a BMW once at least. In the UK, we no longer get the bonnet star so that's another good reason to try a 3 (or A4 ;) ) instead of a C and so on...

I owned a 535d (2007) 2 years back and loved the thing, i too have a softspot for bmw. But after me owning the c class (all be it its only a w203) i dont think i would look back now, i love the merc. Even thou it does have a few minor issues.

Is that the genuine body kit front bumper? That looks awesome, the design of it is something totally different. Much better than the AMG Line / AMG bodykits MB are making today for the W205 and 212 facelift IMHO.

Probably the worst car I have ever driven was an M3 Evo with the steptronic gearbox in mid-late 1998 - it was the demonstrator for BMW just outside Sevenoaks, the gearbox was absolute rubbish, I could not get a smooth gearchange whether in auto or manual mode unless I was driving it like I stole it. Even worse, it was not smart enough, in manual mode, the change down if you decelerated and forgot to tap the stick. End result, ended up stationary at a roundabout, went to pull onto the roundabout - was probably still in 4th, nearly got T-boned as the car lurched and nearly died.

Bought a Porsche 968 tiptronic instead - and have had one ever since!

Yes, the SMGI was shyte - they stopped using SMG after the E60 M5 I believe (which was SMGIII by then).

I opted for the M3 Evo with 6 speed Getrag manual - amazing gearbox and a superb car!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom