BMW MINI and Rolls Royce workers to strike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Another one , we lost our fantastic FS pension a few years ago :fail

Kenny

Living where I do, I tend to hear things regarding the Cowley plant "from the horses mouth" rather than filtered through the media.

Suffice to say, that workers in Munich enjoy substantially better T's & C's than those doing the same job in Oxford. BMW also use huge numbers of agency labour on short term contracts in Cowley that they don't use in Munich.

Make of all that what suits you.

Same here. Had a final salary offering which I contributed a **** load of money to, was given the choice to keep it, but have it capped at 1% growth or freeze it and move over to the career average offering with a 65 rather than 60 retirement age. Opted for the freeze and switch but had the crystall ball been working at the time, sticking would have worked out better as things turned out.

It's a pretty poor show but it's happening almost everywhere and fighting it just ends up with everyone losing, invariably 'us' worse than 'them'.

Coincidentally , of course , this comes the day after Theresa posted the Brexit letter .

Coincidentally , of course , this comes the day after Theresa posted the Brexit letter .
The media has reported it today, but it's been rumbling on for months.

Been ongoing for months and brought to a head when BMW annnounced it was to be introduced in July? of this year. New employees have been on the scheme since 2014.
Of course it wouldn't be the first time a car manufacturer has precipitated industrial unrest for their own reasons. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom