BMW Question (Sorry)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trapperjohn

MB Enthusiast
Car
124 300D 24V Estate
SiL has just pulled up at the back of our homestead in his BMW 325i. Has has a caustic smelling blue fluid leaking from his passenger seat which wiffs a bit.

Seats are heated and electric for movement. Colour of fluid leaking is blue.

I'm thinking its "heated" seats related and not to worry too much as it appears all to have leaked out now. Dont half pong tho, a bit acidy.

Any answers greatly appreciated.

Problem solved. Young grandson had moved the seat, this caused a whole can of deicer which was unknowing under the seat to discharge as the squirty cap was pushed when the seat was moved.

Thanks folks, never a dull moment at our house. The stuff had squired up into the seat and it was dripping back down again. No one heard it discharging lets hope the wiring is not effected.

I was just googling it....no wonder I couldn`t find anything haha.

Last edited:
Thanks fellas, we were googling for fun, just was not understanding what the Bobby Moore was at all.

He left now with all the windows open it dont half pen and ink.

The fluid is probably just a side-effect of your SiL driving like a typical BMW driver, making the passenger somewhat nervous.

As for the blue colour, I suggest that the front seat passenger consults a doctor at the earliest opportunity.

Bit worrying - deicers are acidic?? Can't be good news for the paintwork....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom