BMW wrong screenwash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I believe the screen wash on all early Zsatava, Yugo and Skoda cars would only work if filled with Vodka..just like the driver :p
It doesn't freeze, even in those cold winters you get in Russia.

I've been using screenwash from Morrisons and Tescos for years and haven't had any problems.

A good question I would ask is that if this generic screenwash is fine for most ordinary cars, why does BMW and Mercedes specify such a high quality screenwash for such a mundane job of washing road crap off our windscreens?

Surely the screen washing system should be designed to cope with most of what we can put into the reservoir, and not a particular product? After all, it's not engine oil we are talking about, and if you happen to be miles from the nearest main dealer, you may need to rely on generic brands rather than a specific product.

Not sure on BMWs but quite a lot of Mercedes cars have heated washer tanks using a pipe running off the cooling system.

Regardless of that the engine bay tends to be a warm environment which is perfect for bugs to grow in the washer system.

Seldom is the cheapest of anything the best. 50p a litre screenwash? You get what you pay for I expect :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom