body shop touch up in Middlesex area

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Excellent! I've got loads of photos on my phone but not got round to downloading yet.. :) That SLS is really fabulous! Interestingly, after seeing that, on sunday we went to a classic car show and there was a black 300SL gullwing on show!! Seeing the two cars, both in black you realise how similar they are! I'll post photos of both as soon as I can! :)

Got the TT back today.

Totally impressed.

I ended up arriving at them before 8, and they were hard at work.

I didnt leave till after 9am, and in that time, 3 of them spent the whole hour, cleaning hoovering, hand waxing and final detailing the car (getting rid of water, shining edges, mirrors, tyres etc). What a service! not once did they encourage me take the car, they kept insisting they must finish it to their standard, which they did.

I have never even been to hand car wash that was this involving

Saw a fellow members nice grey convertible getting a seeing too.. Nice car!

10/10

Last edited:
Great recommendation!! Must get my stone chips sorted soon! :)

It's so nice to hear this story of truely excellent workmanship & service. I just hope I get similar when I take my lovely C280 v6 202 to the repairers for a dent in the osf wing (see my recent thread "Disaster"). I'm dreading it really as I've never, ever had what I would call really good body repairs. However, the company I'm using come highly recommended so fingers crossed.

Last edited:
"body shop touch up in Middlesex area"

Remind me to stay out of bodyshops in the Middlesex area!!! :D:D

that is a good spot.. well done.. my bad.. and it wernt all that bad... would have been better with some girls though lol

May I ask - how much roughly does this sort of service cost?

My poor old Volvo S60 isn't worth a huge amount - but is in need of some general TLC as it has quite a few stone chips and car park dings from thoughtless shoppers.

It would cost me a lot to replace it with a similar vehicle and so I'm keen to keep on top of the small jobs - but more than £300ish on bodywork would probably seem like too much!

Thanks

Alex

May I ask - how much roughly does this sort of service cost?

My poor old Volvo S60 isn't worth a huge amount - but is in need of some general TLC as it has quite a few stone chips and car park dings from thoughtless shoppers.

It would cost me a lot to replace it with a similar vehicle and so I'm keen to keep on top of the small jobs - but more than £300ish on bodywork would probably seem like too much!

Thanks

Alex

£300 would give the car a good TLC session..

painting etc.. well u would be looking at about £90-£120/panel for major work.

Call Andy up at Autofawkes, remind him he did my silver E350 and Garnet TT last month, and we will look after you i am sure!

Call Andy up at Autofawkes, remind him he did my silver E350 and Garnet TT last month, and we will look after you i am sure!

Thank you for the amazingly quick reply! I will do that.....cheers.

Any news on the pictures yet? Really keen to see them.

Thanks

Any news on the pictures yet? Really keen to see them.

Thanks

Which pics did you wanna see? the e class after treatment?

i hadnt put any up, as it just looked like a very clean car, with out the bumper scuffs... so would be very difficult to show off the car in pics.. unless at maybe 5million pixels ;)

Which pics did you wanna see? the e class after treatment?

i hadnt put any up, as it just looked like a very clean car, with out the bumper scuffs... so would be very difficult to show off the car in pics.. unless at maybe 5million pixels ;)

Was really hoping for before and after...but if that is not possible. Just shots at a reasonable distance so you can see if there is no difference in paint.

Also knowing the colour of the cars wiould be helpful. Many of us have silver cars, and all of us know the paint difficulties.

Was really hoping for before and after...but if that is not possible. Just shots at a reasonable distance so you can see if there is no difference in paint.

Also knowing the colour of the cars wiould be helpful. Many of us have silver cars, and all of us know the paint difficulties.

ok.. will sort them out..

I'll be heading down to see Andy next week, told him it was you and Charles who recommended (he instantly recognised your name Dillan).

If you could sort photos between next weekend and now, i'd massively appreciate it.

Thanks,
R

It would be nice to see the photos too. Andy just did some rust on my inner wings, and I cannot fault the service. He even welded my sausage maker plunger back together too!

+1 for Andy's Autobarn. He's a pretty fair chap, makes a nice job and is very experienced with MBs - knows how they come apart nicely and all the little tricks.

Sounds like a repaint of both bumpers and bonnet, and a good polish of the rest. The small dents you mention - are they noticable? Might be easier to see if one of the dent guys could carefully improve/remove them otherwise I guess you're looking at more extra paintwork. Unlikely though to get the full value of all these jobs back on a mainstream car IMHO?

Andy's Autobarn did a great job for me and good price, highly recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom