Bodywork - Bumper respray

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mbzclk

Car
An AMG
Hi All,

Been a while - Hope you are all well.

I've had my car reversed into today (bumper damage) but a re-spray should suffice.

It was a genuine mistake and I don't want to be too harsh and insist on a Mercedes repair (unless there is a compelling reason)?

Can anyone recommend a price it should cost? Mercedes approved bodyshop charge around £600 for a remove, respray and refit.

Can anyone recommend any bodyshops in and around London / M25 and any rough prices for estimated repair?

Cheers.

Hi All,

Been a while - Hope you are all well.

I've had my car reversed into today (bumper damage) but a re-spray should suffice.

It was a genuine mistake and I don't want to be too harsh and insist on a Mercedes repair (unless there is a compelling reason)?

Can anyone recommend a price it should cost? Mercedes approved bodyshop charge around £600 for a remove, respray and refit.

Can anyone recommend any bodyshops in and around London / M25 and any rough prices for estimated repair?

Cheers.

Need pictures :thumb:

Whereabouts in London are you? Tony Fowkes in Park Royal or Andy's Autobarn in Ashford come recommended by numerous members here.

West London, W12, so very close to Park Royal etc.

Very hard to tell its light grazing along the entire rear, I'll get some photos tomorrow.

Need to check the boot etc as didn't check if it opens - if not insurance job. If it does I'll make sure all the reinforcements are ok too.

Not sure about a SMART repair at all.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 47
I am sure you already know this but if you tell your insurance company about a non fault incident, even if you didn't put a claim in, your premium will go up next year as you will be deemed to be a higher risk. That will then have a knock on effect for the next several years.

West London, W12, so very close to Park Royal etc.

Very hard to tell its light grazing along the entire rear, I'll get some photos tomorrow.

Need to check the boot etc as didn't check if it opens - if not insurance job. If it does I'll make sure all the reinforcements are ok too.

Not sure about a SMART repair at all.

From your picture, there's no damage to upper part of bumper so only needs paint from diffuser to chrome finishing strip. That way you maintain integrity of original paint as much as possible. No need to remove bumper at all. Cost c £250 / £300.

Unfortunately, having noted your concerns about using a mobile or static express repairer, this would be a far inferior quality repair using Small to Medium Area Repair Techniques (SMART ;)) to that of an approved bodyshop who would use similar methods if they had the correct equipment, or may even do so without telling you how they solved your problem. You'd probably be better off using an MB approved bodyshop who could remove, strip, paint and refit the whole bumper for you, so £600 seems quite cheap on that basis.

But have to say londonbumperrepair seems to know what he's about :thumb:

Had my rear bumper repaired recently, had been hit 3 or 4 times over the years, shopping trollies, reversing cars in supermarkets, usual dings. The whole length of the bumper was crazed and cracked laquer, took a day to repair, mainly paint drying I presume, total cost £150. Bristol rates so probably add on a fair percentage for London :D

Going to see Tony Fowkes today to get a quote. Will update.

Had the quote back today. Come in really expensive at £664.24.

Not sure if this includes the chrome bumper trims either.

I've had £600 from a Mercedes Approved bodyshop - including replacement chrome trims.

Any other recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom