Bonnet emblem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ian6

Car
SLK 55 AMG
Out in Sweden at the moment and have just seen a CLC180K with a star emblem on the bonnet, I have the same car and know these are fitted with the flat emblem. My question is can the star be retro fitted considering there is no access hole on the underside/top of the bonnet to facilitate mounting, any thoughts guy's, would like to do this mod on mine, love seeing that star upfront.

I believe they can be retro fitted, if you want to do that. Your CLC will already have the MB star in the front grill though, and may look a bit odd with 2 of them :)

No Steve you misunderstood the one I have just seen in Hassleholm was in the same place as the original

We're not talking grille here, were talking about the mascot on the top of the bonnet, come on people what do you think

I'm already baffled by this thread

Come on get a grip, were talking the sspring loaded star here, it's not rocket science

TAIPAN320 said:
I believe they can be retro fitted, if you want to do that. Your CLC will already have the MB star in the front grill though, and may look a bit odd with 2 of them :)
I totally agree with above. If you have a star grill putting the star on the bonnet just don't look correct as I have done it on a previous car as seen in this picture

Attachments

• image-2304387801.jpg
    image-2304387801.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 40
Come on get a grip, were talking the sspring loaded star here, it's not rocket science

Do you not have the large star in the grill?
As stated it can look a bit strange having a grill and bonnet star but its your choice and it can be done.
If you look inside your bonnet you should find the flat emblem fits into the standard size hole that takes the gunsight star.

ECP stock the star for about £25 compared to £50+ at the dealer.

Iv'e just fitted the bonnet star to my w210 (different model I know) but the bonnet hole in mine is designed to take both the flat badge and the star (the cut out hole being the same for both badges). I opted to loose the flat badge and replace it with the star and think it looks much better plus it finishes the front end nicely having no grill star. Have you contacted an MB dealer to see if there is a star available? I agree it might look a little OTT if you had the bonnet star AND the grill star but it's your choice.
Best thing to do is find a star that could fit in place (size wise) and then decide whether it would be a relatively easy swap or metal has to be removed / modified in order to fit the star.
As you said.... it's not rocket science, do some measuring and figure it out. :thumb:

i hace a w204, i went to mercedes, i bought a pop up star and they fitted it for free

I would rather set fire to my Mercedes than have a star on the grill and one on the bonnet, it looks fecking hideous.

Ian, you're right it's not rocket science, and Steve was talking about the bonnet emblem, you're the one who has misunderstood. Reread it and see if it makes sense now. It's not rocket science.

The issue is, that your car will have come with a massive star in the front grille, and as said, it really does look horrid to have both, so if you change your little bonnet badge for a "mascot", you'll have to change your front grille too, to the elegance style grille, see my avatar.

Totally agree with most comments, it does look hideous, decided to leave well alone.

Re: rocket science....many moons ago I went out with a young woman who was an aerospace engineer . Her team was working on liquid propulsion vs. solid fuel propulsion for the Star Wars program. When people said, "What do you do?"
Reply: "Rocket Scientist". "Oh yeah, sure you are."
Then she would give them her card...silence filled the room.

Hahaha :cool::cool::cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom