Boot catch broken

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ollie80

Car
Mercedes W202 Series
Hi all!

Happy New Year!!

My w202 (1998) has a major boot lid problem. The catch has bent right over and it wont close. I managed to bend it back in place but not a great fix.. it now closes but I dare not open it again! :crazy:

Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement? ebay? Anyone got one for sale on here?

Ta!

Ollie

Would not have thought that it should cost a fortune from MB and might be the easiest first bet. If it is made of gold get the part number and google it!

The lock part comes in two parts and if you buy a separate lock assembly from ebay you could swap the barrels over and have a working lock. My lock on my 202 os knackered and I'll be doing this when I have the time.

Hi all!

Happy New Year!!

My w202 (1998) has a major boot lid problem. The catch has bent right over and it wont close. I managed to bend it back in place but not a great fix.. it now closes but I dare not open it again! :crazy:

Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement? ebay? Anyone got one for sale on here?

Ta!

Ollie

Hi,
Are you talking about the assembly in the boot lid itself, or the catch that is bolted to the threshhold of the boot itself?

Hi,
Are you talking about the assembly in the boot lid itself, or the catch that is bolted to the threshhold of the boot itself?

Hello guys,

Thanks for all your replies!

I should have made myself clear, it is the catch thats bolted to the boot threshold..

Thanks again for all who have replied...

Ollie

Hi,
There are always plenty of 202's being broken up on e-bay, but to be honest the part your looking for I would,nt have thought would be that expensive from MB, less hassle to, unless you have a scrappy near to you, after all its only 2 10mm bolts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom