boot mounted ski rack for 124 coupes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattc

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A4, 1994 E320 Coupe, 1995 E300 estate
I am going to have to order one of these!

Always fancied taking my coupe to the mountains in winter.

this is from the mercedes dismantler in Germany and they have more than 10 of them

Not able to ski but it would make a nice holder for a wicker picnic basket for the summer too.

Not able to ski but it would make a nice holder for a wicker picnic basket for the summer too.

Nice idea! THe advert actually says it fits cabrios but I am assuming the boots are the same on coupes and convertibles:eek:

Not sure Matt but I think the bootlids are different, the Coupe' one is larger I believe. Not 100% certain though.

Not sure Matt but I think the bootlids are different, the Coupe' one is larger I believe. Not 100% certain though.

Say it isn't so:eek: . Have not ordered one yet so thats a bonus - can anyone confirm whether the boots are the same or not??

Will this fit a saloon? Sorry, my German is rather poor! Also, do they post outside of Germany? If only there was an ebay translator!

pretty certain it will not fit the saloon - the boot is longer

Guys...

Before you get it the snow will be gone :)

Seriously though thats a great price, I looked at something similar when I had a Z3 for carrying bikes and it was a lot of money (£300 plus)

Would look quite cool with a set of skis attached....

You can understand why it is for the convertible as the coupe is usually roof mounted. The fixings are already there.

They have replied and tell me its only for cabriolets:mad: .

Bang goes that idea.:rolleyes:

I have ski fittings for a standard MB roof rack you can have for nowt as they came with my roof rack..

FWIW, the cabrio boot lid is shorter.

Ade

I would still imagine it would fit though... doesnt it clamp accros the width of the car? If so, I cant see why it wouldnt fit the Coupe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom