Bored of cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RWDpetrol

Car
N/A
No car that I could possibly afford seems to excite me. It must be a daily driver, safe, reliable, easy enough not to worry about and c£35k whether used or new. Should seat 4 and have a decent size boot.

Any ideas?

The problem with my current c63 is limited tank range and (can't believe I'm saying this) but I just can't enjoy it. And when I'm not enjoying it, it's not comfortable or luxurious either.

I had a brand new 2009 330i coupe, which was far more enjoyable and prettier to look at except when passed by a ///M or AMG on an autobahn.

I've even thought about diesels and something as different as a V70 T6 but even that isn't different.

And if it's slow it should be cheap to run and damn good inside.

Get it re mapped and you will enjoy it again. Best approx 500 pounds you will spend!!!

Well, a BMW 330i is a very fine car, super engine and real chassis balance, optimised for sheer driving pleasure.

Far be it from me to encourage switching for the sake of it, but why not try a 535d? You'll get whopping torque and the precision driving, plus good economy.

Forget a T6, a friend has that engine in an XC90 and it drinks fuel like an alcofrolic.

The problem with my current c63 is limited tank range and (can't believe I'm saying this) but I just can't enjoy it. And when I'm not enjoying it, it's not comfortable or luxurious either.

An E63 has all these bases covered - £35K will be get you a good'un.

Well, a BMW 330i is a very fine car, super engine and real chassis balance, optimised for sheer driving pleasure.

Far be it from me to encourage switching for the sake of it, but why not try a 535d? You'll get whopping torque and the precision driving, plus good economy.

Forget a T6, a friend has that engine in an XC90 and it drinks fuel like an alcofrolic.

The T6 engine in s Volvo S80 will clear 30 mpg and my BIL was tuned to over 350 bhp a real sleeper, engine does not suit X90 but its a real autobahn stormer in the V70 and S80

go old school new cars are just plain dull to drive and look at if you ask me,you could get 2 lovely cars for your budget. 1 as a plain daily and something else for high days and holidays

As post #5. Take a look at an E63. Far more comfort than a C Class and performance to match. What's not to like?

Actually, I think you really want to be back behind the wheel of a BMW. It's a car you know and like.

There you go, this should make you feel special, 4 seats, big boot, big tank, reliable (mostly VW Phaeton/Audi A8 underneath) usable daily...oh and £6k change:thumb:

Bentley Continental Flying Spur 6.0 W12 4dr Auto

No car that I could possibly afford seems to excite me. It must be a daily driver, safe, reliable, easy enough not to worry about and c£35k whether used or new. Should seat 4 and have a decent size boot.

Any ideas?

I had a brand new 2009 330i coupe, which was far more enjoyable and prettier to look at except when passed by a ///M or AMG on an autobahn.

I've even thought about diesels and something as different as a V70 T6 but even that isn't different.

And if it's slow it should be cheap to run and damn good inside.

How about something old school; a mint 126 300se for instance?

I got somewhat roasted for suggesting this a few times about mine! Can't wait to get shot of it in August when the lease ends.

Too brutal a power delivery for most UK condition roads and too uncomfortable for the rest of them!

Each to their own but from now on I am avoiding expensive versions of relatively low entry point cars. The c63 not having switchable damping is a problem and the range is shocking (note I have no issue with the mpg, just the laughably small tank).

I had a VW Phaeton prior to the CL. aluminum body.......held in place with mild steel fasteners. Just over 2 years old and had nothing but trouble with it. Heating, lights, broken drive belt. Plus corrosion on all four doors, wings, the list goes on. On the plus side, it was very comfortable.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MBClub UK

FERRARI 456 GT stranded on the hard shoulder maybe but never bored!
1995Ferrari456GT.jpg

How about a Jaguar XJ, £35K buys a lot of pre-owned big cat and they are excellent cars ... way better than you'd think!

Getting a Caterham will relieve your boredom (appreciate it doesn't meet your criteria elsewhere though)

FERRARI 456 GT stranded on the hard shoulder maybe but never bored!
1995Ferrari456GT.jpg
Put some decent wheels on that and it would look the dogs. (they look too small to me)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom