Brabus CL anyone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I reckon THIS was the same one £50k 3 years ago!

How does this compare in performance to a Cl600 or C55?

Found the specs on another site:

6.7 V12 Specifications

engine V12
position Front Longitudinal
aspiration Natural
displacement 6700 cc / 408.9 cu in
power 335.6 kw / 450.0 bhp @ 5750 rpm
hp per litre 67.16 bhp per litre
bhp/weight
torque 635 nm / 468.4 ft lbs

Last edited:
Must make less sense than a CL600 turbo (ie slower) but the rarity factor makes it more desirable?

If it was in black it would have looked stunning.... The black paint would have really bought the lines of the kit out more... aswell as set the wheels off.

IMO Brabus creations look best in black, this looks like a 500 with Brabus wheels at the mo.....

If it was in black it would have looked stunning.... The black paint would have really bought the lines of the kit out more... aswell as set the wheels off.

IMO Brabus creations look best in black, this looks like a 500 with Brabus wheels at the mo.....

£500 vinyl wrap will make it any colour you want..

..and yes only 450bhp sounds disappointing :dk:

To those of you who think that 450bhp isn't very much, or dissapointing, compared to the Bi-Turbo and Kompressor engine, don't forget that these engines weren't available yet!
The best Mercedes could come up with was ~367bhp in the 5.9 litre CL600 and the best AMG could do was with their 444bhp V12 engined CL63 AMG.

I know for similar money in the current market, you can get those more powerful "standard" variants, but you are paying for exclusivity. And although the 0-60 time of a little under 5.4 secs isn't overly quick compared the forced induction motors, it isn't too far off their pace. And a near 190mph top speed would certainly see off the limited standard Mercs :D

That interior looks fantastic, and I quite like the understated silver colour, although I'm not quite sure what's going on with that front bumper. The add-on doesn't look right. It could well be a Brabus item, but I much prefer the look of either the 1st gen or facelift Brabus replacement bumpers.

This car also looks like the one which was for sale at Deutsche Marques a couple of years ago, although I cannot remember for how much.
However, you can guarantee that the "when new" price of that car would have been horrendous! So by that comparison, it's a bargin :D

Darren

IIRC Brabus black is called "black hole black" too, which has to be one of the coolest colour names out there.

Agree that if you buy a Brabus, you buy it black.

The AMG 7.3 M120 V12 was officially rated at 525 bhp.

Brabus' 6.9 M120 V12 rated at 510 bhp.

Looking back at Brabus catalog's through the years, 040 Black and 744 Brilliant Silver are their choice press car colours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom