brabus tuning box

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIG_G_1979

Car
E280 CDI SPORT
Hi guys has anyone a phone number for Markus in brabus? I need to see if a w164 280cdi box is compatible with my e280 cdi thanks

Phoned brabus directly today but guy wasn't much help saying they don't recommend swapping box from one car to another even if engine is the same? Box I seen is for a w164 280cdi and I wanted to know whether it could be used on a w211 e280cdi, so no further on and eBay listing ends at weekend

Brabus is very specific in their products.
W164 and w211 even with same engine bhp and torque figures would differ. I wouldn't risk it if it is for another model. There need to be reasoning for marking the part w164
I may be wrong thou

I was thinking it was down to the loom being different sizes but may be wrong

W219 vs w211 would be better choice I guess
You right loom may be different too

Will not be compatiable as is flashed with different software. Brabus will not reflash any module with the relevant software snyway i.e. even for a CDI vs Bluetec scenario on exactky the same direct model variant etc. especially if purchased sechond hand.

Yeah but really hard to source a second brabus box - never seen one for sale for the w211 e280cdi closest I've seen is this w164 e280cdi which I was hoping for brabus to confirm it's the same box but loom is shorter/longer which simply means locating it in a different area than recommended which wouldn't bother me.

Keep an eye out on German ebay. Quite a few used ones pop us for sale by the same seller.

I think it will be fine.

The one for the 320cdi covers all models, same for the one for the 350cdi.

Manual for the D6 showing the models it fits.

Thanks mate the module I need is the d5 III do u have a manual for this too? brabus have confirm that I need 211-735-00 the box I'm considering is 164-735-00 so hopefully the same? Although brabus don't recommend that they're compatible? Thanks

No, but I emailed Brabus asking for one.

I think it was a guy called Marcus? He said you may find the loom a different length, but said the unit itself was the same.

Maybe email them, tell them you have swapped cars and now have another but lost the install manual.
See what it says.

Thanks yes that's the guy I emailed to Markus pauls in brabus he didn't confirm that boxes were the same and just advised against it, not to worry anyways as I was outbidded on eBay and someone else won it albeit a cheap brabus box £98 just wasn't prepared to spend 150-200 on it incase it wasn't compatible I'll just keep my eye out for proper box thanks for your help it's greatly appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom