Braided brake lines

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shakey60

Car
C63 AMG BiTurbo
Hey, anyone know where I can get a set of braided brake lines for my W205 C63? Looked at Hel and Goodridge but they only have W204 listed?! TIA

You can always send samples to Goodridge and they will make you a set.

Your insurance company will class that as a modification, might be worth a phone call to them before going ahead?

Russ

As above best check insurance.
Direct Line refused cover if I fitted braided brake hoses to my 203

Nope. - I declared them on the Nissan, but they don't have a check box for "brake hoses" so it made no difference.

They kept asking if it was upgraded brakes. No.

Strange they would penalise you for making your braking more efficiehy on earth would they refuse? Crazy!

Apparently it would indicate that I'm an 'enthusiastic' driver and therefore a higher risk. :dk:

Braided hoses aren't all they are cracked up to be anyway. Often they will fail internally due to not being fitted perfectly. TBH unless you are going to track the car I wouldn't bother

Apparently it would indicate that I'm an 'enthusiastic' driver and therefore a higher risk. :dk:

Braided hoses aren't all they are cracked up to be anyway. Often they will fail internally due to not being fitted perfectly. TBH unless you are going to track the car I wouldn't bother

Agreed with this. The only time I had braided hoses were on my Impreza because I did a few track days a year at the time. The heat would soften up the rubber hoses so braided ones gave a little better response. TBH I couldn't really say for sure because I had new discs and pad at the same time. Unless I was doing a lot track days I think I would not be too concerned.

My rx7 has upgraded everythng and it only put my insurance up £50 for the year, when i got 3 points it put my insurance up £4 over the year, so i dont tink it really makes any difference to premium tbh

My rx7 has upgraded everythng and it only put my insurance up £50 for the year, when i got 3 points it put my insurance up £4 over the year, so i dont tink it really makes any difference to premium tbh

May not make much difference to the premium, but it might stop them paying out if you have an accident with a "modified braking system" they were never told about.

Russ

I am doing some track days this year, hence the idea of braided lines

May not make much difference to the premium, but it might stop them paying out if you have an accident with a "modified braking system" they were never told about.

Russ

Thats what im on about, all my mods are declared and there is a lot of them! Biggest in their eyes was fitting different wheels :confused:

They didn't ask "what's the power increase?". - That always seems to be the stumbling block with the Nissan, but not so much now that it's a classic car instead of a modified import.

I am doing some track days this year, hence the idea of braided lines
Makes sense then. With all that power and stopping power, it will probably be worth it. Have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom