Brake Squeal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simon_M

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mini & Porsche
My CLS brakes have been squeeling randomly for quite a while at low speed and gentle braking. No lights on the dash or anything, the car has only covered 18000 miles.

I am loathe to attack them myself as the car is relatively new, but also can't be doing with faffing about at the dealer.

Anyone got any brighst ideas? is this a common problem? I have done a few savage emergency stops to see if the pads were just a bit glazed but it doesn't really seem to help.

Simon

I would just pull the pads give them a quick clean, also clean the caliper with brake cleaner and a little copaslip on the back of the pads and the pad contact points and reassemble, also make sure caliper sliders are greased up and move freely, dont grease sliders with copaslip just normal grease.

Lynall

On the Mercs, you are far better off getting the stuff from the dealers rather than using copperslip.

It comes in little sachets and is far more effective than copperslip.

I would just pull the pads give them a quick clean, also clean the caliper with brake cleaner and a little copaslip on the back of the pads and the pad contact points and reassemble, also make sure caliper sliders are greased up and move freely, dont grease sliders with copaslip just normal grease.

Lynall

Whats the problem with using Copperslip on sliders?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom