Brake vibration (on occasion)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Murphyslaw

Car
2002 Mercedes E270 CDI, 2010 Toyota RAV4 XTR
All, why is it the brake pedal (noise can be heard outside the car also) on occasion makes a strange 'wuring' noise? You can feel vibration through the pedal also.

I checked the SBC pump and it has a build date 2 years after the car was made so I presume the pump has been changed already, but could it be another pump failure in the making?

Thanks but it does it when stationary (as well as on the move)?

If it's not the pump rubber mountings, then the pump is on the way out again.

Loads of pumps were changed in the first few years without customers being made aware, they are probably coming round to needing doing again.
once Mercedes no longer picks up the cost of these replacements this will write off many W211.

The SBC pump on my 211 has always done this. I wouldn't be too concerned I've done 70,000 miles with it making the same whirring noise that it always has.

once Mercedes no longer picks up the cost of these replacements this will write off many W211.

Really? Surely somewhere a W211 is breaking (eBay??) where these can be picked up secondhand for a cheap price? There is one on eBay now in fact for £250.

My car makes a buzzing sound when I unlock and open the car, and I also get buzzing noises through the brake pedal, apperently all standard stuff, had my car nearly 2 years with no change in noise and no faults!

Thanks, that helps to give me confidence in the car! This is my first Mercedes (been BMW for the last 10yrs) so learning the ropes so to speak! :)

Really? Surely somewhere a W211 is breaking (eBay??) where these can be picked up secondhand for a cheap price? There is one on eBay now in fact for £250.

The SBC pump is an increasingly common failure, so the requirement will outstrip supply of 2nd hand parts.
A new pump is £1200 + fitting so will make replacement uneconomical on lower value cars, when they get down to a couple of thousand pounds.
A lot of people will baulk at £200 for brake fluid replacement, but there is no DIY method with SBC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom