Break in attempt last night!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just had another phone call from a different police department. A bit more helpful (just the fact that this time they sounded like they where actually the least bit interested)

If there have been other apparently related incidents then the 'value' of yours goes up in terms of the level of response. In part because the significance is higher as part of the possible cluster - and in part becase if they can link it then if they resolve one of the others then yours can be marked as being resolved as well - so good for those all important performance stats.

I am not surprised at the police response... One of the handymen we used had his window smashed and tools stolen and the police response was along the lines of 'well what's the point of us coming down if the stuff has already been stolen...'

Last edited:
CID have been, the scum remembered to wear gloves!

I showed the guy around, he said basically any attempt (building wise) to lock it can be undone within 20-30 seconds.

Tommoro looks like I shall start fabricating new security/noise making measures. (if its not too late)

Seriously thinking about just selling up loads of stuff and at least making a bit of money from it before it all just gets nicked.:confused:

A couple of tins of fluorescent yellow paint placed on a conveniently unlocked door ;)

It will most likely be me that forgets about it and sets it off! But like the thinking DM & m22.

I have just bought a load of 130db rape alarms to attach to various doors etc. Should make them jump and set the dogs off! All I need is to know they are there!

I still have a vision of a sledge hammer pivoting down from a roof beam! After that the plans all go a bit 'Wiley Coyote' and will most likely backfire on me!

Sorry to hear of your attempted break in. We had a similar situation where they tried breaking in and damaged the hours window on the ground floor (according to the police, with a crowbar). In my case, they didn't wear gloves, but no-one was ever apprehended (that I've been made aware).

Anyhow - booby traps are "problematic"
Glass embedded in wall top - Scenario City - PoliceSpecials.com Forum

In my case, I've decided to take up a baseball as a sport… as such, I've had to buy an aluminium baseball bat, which, to keep the house tidy, sits near my bed.

Either way, make sure whatever "protection" you use has some plausible deniability…

M.

I find it amazing that the police don't even bother to attend the scene any more for this sort of thing and yet they claim they are winning the war on crime.

Don't turn up or record the crime = low crime numbers = winning the way on crime.

I would only seek to lightly damage the intruder through mechanical devices. Its mostly about noise and making me aware of their presence. I'm not putting down bear traps (although if I didn't have dogs mmm)
I just want 5 minutes with them to 'discus' the error of their ways!

I would only seek to lightly damage the intruder through mechanical devices. Its mostly about noise and making me aware of their presence. I'm not putting down bear traps (although if I didn't have dogs mmm)
I just want 5 minutes with them to 'discus' the error of their ways!

Do a Tony Martin and lay in wait.

nick mercedes said:
Oscar tried that one.

The key word is "plausible"

I had a similar thing after they syphoned fuel out my work van, I told the young officer to take his time if I rung him again cause I'd sort the problem myself if I caught them! He looked at me & said he doubted it reasonable force and it would be getting done if that was the case. So decided a paintball gun was the way forward, difficult to deny it when your covered in bruises & paint.

Interesting thought. It would be necessary to demonstrate that you are intending to use the paint to identify the offender and there is no intention to injure….. so covered in paint is possibly ok - but covered in bruises is certainly not.

The only thing he did wrong was get caught, if your going in that deep you need to be a fast planner!

No, the only thing he did wrong was to shot one of them in the back.
I say, shoot them in the face - problem solved!

Why don't you wire up some traps that alert you to the whereabouts of the intruder without disturbing them, that way you should have a 99% chance of having a 5 min chat and not scaring them off.

had window with bars pulled out of shop wall set off alarm bill arrived way too late so next day bricked up hole that night before mortar properly set they struck again and finished the job
was told thieves often break in one night to see how long bill take then hit for real next night

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom