Bring Back the Mercedes Grill

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nobody would deny MB UK making a profit , but do they have to be so s*dding miserable with their car specifications in the process. Just smacks to me of a company run by people who aren't very interested in cars they sell. The danger with that is eventually their customers might lose interest too. :dk:

You didn't answer my question, in the previous post but no matter.

One thing you are right about. You don't need to be a car person to make a distribution company like M-B UK be successful, i.e. profitable, which they seem to be very good at.

Last edited:
bpsorrel said:
As a side point, Toyota (amongst other car companies) have decided that in the UK we can't have a spare wheel and must instead have a useless can of gunk and an inflator. The spare wheel well is still there but no wheel! I hate that and will never buy a car without a spare wheel of some kind. Seems like the UK buyer is being punished....

Not just Toyota. My A45 has a can of gunk and a compressor. No option to have a proper spare tyre. Now this is where I am old fashioned as as far as I'm concerned Sod's law will mean the puncture I have will be too much for the gunk to fix

Just for The Boss

DSCF6943_zpsf5242708.jpg

Just for The Boss

DSCF6943_zpsf5242708.jpg

when i first saw a sport w204.. i actually fell in love with it. really loved the stance, posture.. etc

i also loved the elegance like yours.. but i thought.. what if i got a sports, with the nice body styling and put in a proper grill..

a very easy swop over and would have worked for me...

nice looking car R2D2 - classy!

Not just Toyota. My A45 has a can of gunk and a compressor. No option to have a proper spare tyre. Now this is where I am old fashioned as as far as I'm concerned Sod's law will mean the puncture I have will be too much for the gunk to fix
I live in "puncture zone" as I had three last year!

None of them could have been helped by gunk - AND, the big one for me was at the tyre centre where they easily repaired each one, they told me if I'd "gunked" them, they could not have repaired them and new tyres would've been needed!

I will never, ever buy a car without at least a spacesaver.

I live in "puncture zone" as I had three last year!

None of them could have been helped by gunk - AND, the big one for me was at the tyre centre where they easily repaired each one, they told me if I'd "gunked" them, they could not have repaired them and new tyres would've been needed!

I will never, ever buy a car without at least a spacesaver.

There is 1 Volvo model which dips under the 100g/km mark if you buy it as standard with no options. If you option a spacesaver spare wheel instead of the tyreweld, it jumps to 102g/km.

I presume this same reasoning may be used by other manufacturers.

Fair play to volvo though, at least you can option a spare wheel if you want.

when i first saw a sport w204.. i actually fell in love with it. really loved the stance, posture.. etc

i also loved the elegance like yours.. but i thought.. what if i got a sports, with the nice body styling and put in a proper grill..

a very easy swop over and would have worked for me...

nice looking car R2D2 - classy!
Mercedes made a cheaper[ about the same price as an Elegance] First Generation W204 sporty model [ different wheels lowered suspension and big star grille] without the expensive AMG body kit and addenda. It was called the AVANTGARDE -- needless to say we didn't get that choice of model in the UK. :p

It was called the AVANTGARDE -- needless to say we didn't get that choice of model in the UK. :p

I suspect the AG designation is too poncy for the market these days.

It has to be 'Sport' or 'M-Sport' or 'AMG'.

I thought the W211 in AG form on 16" or 17" wheels was the ideal - poised, comfortable, not overstyled, and still quick in the real world.

Hi

I'm changing my e class next year, will it be possible to buy the E U grill the doesn't have the big star?

If Mercedes-Benz & Mercedes-Benz UK marketing are adamant that the upright bonnet star is too dated... then i think i have just found the classiest looking w204 c-class - I love this.. elegant, classy, sophisticated and subtly very much a class above...

The star in the Grille is soooo tacky for a saloon in my opinion...!!! even on a sports AMG saloon.. sure some will like it... and no problem.. its your choice... but atleast let us, the paying public have the choice!!!! #w204 #mercedesbenz #mercedes #grille #facebook

GORGEOUS!!

classyw204.jpg

The saloon grille in the W204 prefacelift Sport looks too good. Beautiful.

Guys, if MB UK don't want to sell a MB with grille and star, don't worry, Ireland is just around the corner...they sell all the variants. :) :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom