Broadband & landline deals?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

neilrr

MB Enthusiast
Car
Various.
Anyone got their finger on the pulse or changed recently & found a good deal?

My line rental with TalkTalk is scheduled to go up 50% next week, a week before the annual contract expires, so it's time to look around. Had a chat with their loyalty dept without eliciting much goodwill, in fact I think new customers get offered a better deal than me, a customer for about 10 years!

Looking for a pretty straightforward package - anytime landline calls, 500+ mobile minutes, BB & line rental.

TIA.

Worth giving Virgin a call if you are in fibre optic area. Just changed my package; some good deals available.

I used topcashback.co.uk on a couple of car insurance renewals & it was a COMPLETE PITA.

I eventually got paid (I went public with my whine = instant attention from CS) but they made it very hard work & it took months longer than the time frame quoted.

My heart sinks at the prospect of going through with that again TBH. It just wasn't worth it.

I treat all cashback as a bonus, if you get it then it's err a bonus.

Look at the cost minus the cashback, if it's good, go for it

I have recently switched to Vonage on their basic package of £7/week with no line rental but this was only possible because we now have high speed fibre optic courtesy of Gigaclear. I guess the ''line rental'' is effectively incorporated within Gigaclear's broadband rate of £37/mth.

Mic

Switched to Pop Telecom in August, paid a one-off charge of £167, this included line rental and unlimited broadband for 12 months.

The service is not as quick as BT (who I was with previously), but still fast enough to stream Netflix without trouble.

I have the confusing position of having upgraded from 60M to 152M Virgin AND taking on a BT Infinity 2 installation and have managed to reduce my overall bill by £20 month!

Virgin monthly bill got out of hand, even without Sky Sports or Movies which we do not bother with. So phoned up looking to get a deal but they didn't bite. I have 2 phone lines, so I decided to swap one to BT. However, it is 17 years since there was a working phone line and there are several tonnes of concrete on top of it so needed a new install.

I initially tried to go for a Utility Warehouse package but they wanted £500 for the install as that was what OpenReach were quoting. The BT offer was free install, £125 back via a Sainsbury voucher (as good as real money to us) so cancelled one Virgin line and went to BT. This is an 18 month contract and then I'll be in a position to go to whichever can do a good deal.

So Virgin get the line cancellation, and now they work out if I cancel the broadband due to package deals it only saves £6/month, but there is a £60 cancellation fee (I got locked in via a Talk Unlimited Plus bargain offer, as they do). It turned out upgrading to the Big Kahuna bundle reduced my costs and then they threw in a loyalty bonus and also found a phone package which is only offered by retentions.

So for a saving of £20, I am able to try out BT Infinity 2. Initial conclusions: its broadband, it works. Didn't have any real issues with Virgin, and BT is working to spec.

Anybody use EE for home phone, landline & BB?

MSE describes this deal as "staggeringly cheap" - Cheap broadband: deals from equiv £10.16/mth incl line rental

As far as I can see to get what I want - anytime landline calls, 500+ mobile minutes, BB & line rental - it's an additional £5.

Cheap, but they traffic shape so if you use streaming services you may feel the impact at peK hours.

What a strange company TalkTalk is.

I've been a TT customer for about 10 years so I called the TT loyalty department before going shopping, told them I thought their line rental increase was taking the piss, intended to go shopping & leave if I found a better deal. With these cards on the table I asked them what their best deal was.

They offered me the same thing that is available on their website.

I called them today after receiving a letter saying I may need a MAC code to emigrate to my soon to be new carrier. The bloke in the TT call centre offered me FREE line rental for 12 months if I stayed.

WTF? I asked why didn't you make that offer when I called before? Now I've gone through all the hassle of shopping, comparing, changing it's too late.

If they'd made that offer when I said I was thinking of leaving I probably would have stayed, now they've just annoyed me.

Virgin media offering could package deals at the moment....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom